P0175 Bank 2 Rich ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

96mustangV6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can go to pick n pull and get injectors for $8 a piece. Not sure how hard it is to replace but I'll also pick up a o2 sensor and try it first. When I get to work I can smell a lil gas but can't tell if it's mine or the other trucks around me. Never notice it at my house. It dosnt studder or anything and still get 12 mpg this morning intown driving.

B

bedrck46

If I were you I would replace the o2 sensor with a new one then drive it for a week to see if you still have the code come up. And why would you want to get used injectors from a pic and pull you may wind up with something worse. I think you have been given good advice on here but it appears that you have your mind made up about the injectors

OP
OP

96mustangV6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't have my mind made up. I'm grabbin them as back up since it's an hour away. Got to go to get stuff for a buddy. I said I was gettin a o2 sensor and try it. I'm just tryin to get info incase it don't work I'm not waiting till last minute to figure out how to do it. But thanx for the info. Helped a lot.

B

bedrck46

Its your decision and money but why put untested parts in your expy Go with a new o2 sensor and if that doesn't work then go with new injectors. the parts you get from a pick and pull may be worse than what you already have. and I'm sure once you buy them they won't take them back. I would rather change one o2 sensor than replace the fuel injectors due to the time and labor involved

OP
OP

96mustangV6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea I am but I was just goin to pick them up as a just incase. Maybe send them off for cleaning. But still needed instructions ahead of time incase though. Like to study it ahead of time. Thank you

B

bedrck46

well no mater what you do wish you all the best Just hope your not wasting good money on what may be bad parts

OP
OP

96mustangV6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm still doin the o2 sensor. Just tryin to get parts and stuff ahead of time. I can't afford to have much down time. But figured I'd pick em up and have them incase. I was lookin at sets on eBay but not sure if all 5.4 injectors are the same. But I know pick n pull has a 32v navi there. And really don't wanna buy new at oriellys for $70 a piece. But can at last resort if o2 don't fix it.

B

bedrck46

since you are bound and determined to buy used injectors just in case you need them is your decision again I know that you are changing the o2 sensor but I would hold off on the injectors till are are sure that the o2 sensor did or didn't solve the problem and again why would you want to put used injectors in your expy if anything pull the ones you have and clean them first good luck in your efforts