Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpacheco

Reaction score
After reading this thread i went outside and looked at my 2010. It also has paint bubbling just above the chrome piece where the rear window release is. I'm going to go to Ford tomorrow and have them check it out.

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Hood was repainted at the body shop after my wreck and within a moth the bubbles came back and they told me the used somethind that stops corrosion from coming back but its here again but onced he had me and 3 others come to him about the problem the owner of the body shop looked into the situation and researched the problem and he was told by Ford or someone who deals with this situation and they told him to not touch it and go see a Ford dealer about it and warranty the hatch and hood so us Expy owners don't have to pay out of pocket for owned by Ford problem.

Last edited:

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JUST A FYI RENINDER TO US EXPY OWNERS THESE EXPEDITIONS SHOULD HAVE A 10 YEAR 100K MILE CORROSION WARANTY ON THEM SO IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND YOUR OVER 100K MILES YOUR OUT OF LUCK SO CHECK MILEAGE BEFOR YOU WAST YOUR TIME AT THE DEALER, NOW IF WE GET A PETITION STARTED THEN FORD JUST MIGHT THROW OUT A RECALL ON THE (caps was on purpose )

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JUST A FYI RENINDER TO US EXPY OWNERS THESE EXPEDITIONS SHOULD HAVE A 10 YEAR 100K MILE CORROSION WARANTY ON THEM SO IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND YOUR OVER 100K MILES YOUR OUT OF LUCK SO CHECK MILEAGE BEFOR YOU WAST YOUR TIME AT THE DEALER, NOW IF WE GET A PETITION STARTED THEN FORD JUST MIGHT THROW OUT A RECALL ON THE (caps was on purpose )

I like the idea! My 05 has this problem on the liftgate. And it is BAD in the inner outer edges! None on the hood! Knock on wood!

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
damn i just broke 100k last weekend and i have the bubbles just on the corners of the rear chrome piece.

tpacheco

Reaction score

I went to Ford today and saw the service manager about the paint bubbling on the liftgate. He claims that paint is only covered under the 3 year 36000 mile warranty. My expedition has 43000 miles on it now, but I told him I have the extended bumper to bumper warranty. He still claims it would not be covered...

tpacheco

Reaction score
Oh ya, can anyone tell me that if I am subscribed to this thread why I am not getting emails when there are new posts? I have it set to notify me instantly.

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went to Ford today and saw the service manager about the paint bubbling on the liftgate. He claims that paint is only covered under the 3 year 36000 mile warranty. My expedition has 43000 miles on it now, but I told him I have the extended bumper to bumper warranty. He still claims it would not be covered...

what year is your expy? My dealer which is where I bought my Expy from told me there is a 10 year 100k mile warranty om my Expy and the bubbling shouldnt be there and its Fords fault that its happening so there they agree with me, now when i asked them if its a common problem they said no they have only had 1 come in and ford replaced the hood under warranty for the guy and he had an 06 Expy (maybe this problem is common and he said that to make me think its something i caused or people around the area dont care enough to bring their vehicle back and complain), and the reason they wont warranty my hood or try to is because there is a tiny crack on the underside of the hood which aint hurting anything and was there when i bought the expy so i'm under the year and mileage limit but since its its got the crack its considered damaged and ford would claim the hood has been tampered with if they tried to warranty it, NOW I CALL BS ON THAT BUT I'M DONE OFF TO THE NEXT STEP EMAIL FORD AND OR START A PETITION AND GET FORD TO THROW OUT A WARRANTY!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69