parking brake light, abs light, traction control light all coming on at the same time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
fyi the problem has been found, im just writing this for other users info.

so a little back story first, i drove home from work on the thursday, sat in traffic for ages, got home after about a 2 hour drive and the car was fine. about 24 hours later i got back in the car and drove off down the road. within about 5 minutes if that i noticed my parking brake light and abs light were on, so i reached down to pull the brake thinking stupidly i had left it on. which i hadn't, so pulled over and switched off the car, engaged and disengaged the parking brake and then started the car up 5 minutes later. all the lights are then gone. drove for about 10 minutes and stopped the car, came back 4 hours later and the whole thing repeated itself, except this time the lights stayed on.

next day i take the car to the dealer and show them the problem, luckily or unluckily the problem is sill there and they can see it. they proceed to check over 24hrs and get back to me. know before i they told me the problem they said it could be either a sensor or the module, the latter being more expensive and well sods law it turns out to be the module which roughly converted will be about $1100 to fix. and this is something i do not wish to try and fix myself for ford have the luck of fixing it for me.

fyi the expy is a 2008 with 170000km on the clock and is serviced when recommended to by the dealer.

hope this helps someone out, its not the best news but i have heard of far worse happening.

cheers