Passenger window?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newtofords

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What would be the first thing to check if my rear driver side power window won't respond to my driver's door control?
All the other windows open and close with no problem.
The one in question does not move, or make any sound at all.
Would this be a motor thing?

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
More then likely its your window motor. That would be a good place check first.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just remembered sometimes on different vehicles when the window motor starts to go, if you shut the door really firm ( like almost slam it) the window will work if you try this and your window works after that its your motor. Just keep in mind that if it does work after that it will be a temp fix till your replace the motor. Quick question.... has that window been operating slower then usual?

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by newtofords
What would be the first thing to check if my rear driver side power window won't respond to my driver's door control?

Does it work with the switch on the same door as the window in question?

OP
OP
N

newtofords

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Reply to moderator:

I will try the slamming today on my lunch break. I do not recall it running slower than the other windows, but it stopped working just 2 months after i got the car and i didn't have time to play with the windows if you know what i mean. Does that slamming idea also work for the rear window wiper? it does not work. The lady that owned it before me has paperwork stating that she had the motor on that replaced 2 times before.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, slamming "trick" wont work on the rear wiper... When my wiper stopped working i had to replace the motor. I would check the relays and fuses under the hood for the motor since it has been replaced twice from the previous owner. It may end up being a fuse or relay or even a short/bad ground wire.

Have you taken off the panel to see if the motor for the wiper is plugged in? Sounds dumb but when i bought my truck brand new, i had it for about 3 weeks and finally i had to use it when it started raining and sure enough, the truck came from the factory with the plug to the wiper motor unplugged. I sometimes still wonder how they missed that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

newtofords

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there an electronic device i can use to test the window motor in my door before i spend the money to replace it?

OP
OP
N

newtofords

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The panel you are referring to is in the rear hatch door itself for the wiper motor? I have spent basically no time looking at it yet, because the cold weather has been discouraging. I think I will take time this weekend to look into this further.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, so what does it mean if the windows are running slow, because my two front windows run slow, more so when it is cold.