PATs issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jclingenpeel

Reaction score
My 1997 Expedition won't turn over and the theft light flashes. It flashed the code 16 ten times. I have had my keys reprogrammed and I still can't figure out what is wrong and why it is doing that. We thought maybe it was the ignition switch so we replaced that, then we heard that it could be the instrument cluster so we replaced that too. Our mechanic friend told us that we had to get our system recalibrated and when they tried to do that the #24 fuse for the pcm blew. So now that makes me even more confused. Can anyone help?

OP
OP
J

jclingenpeel

Reaction score
I don't really have the money to take it the dealership especially if it could be something simple like a relay or the metal key disabling it. The biggest part I don't understand is how it keeps blowing fuses now that the ignition switch and instrument cluster were replaced... We have checked over those things and the wiring the past three weeks and can't find a short or anything...