Payload

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gillbrak

Reaction score
I’m guessing the hassle to do that wouldn’t be worth the weight savings. Seats and motors may be 200 lbs tops. Just my $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also pretty sure the car would throw codes or warnings when it checks the seat weight sensors and/or seatbelts. So then you'd have to deal with that all the time. While not officially raising the payload capacity, which can carry other risks, I would think that things like sumo spring adapters will technically stiffen the springs a tad, which could effectively reduce sag a little from extra payload. But I would be concerned about other parts failing. Heck, the shocks are failing on these with normal driving conditions.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Simply and theoretically, removing the 3rd row seats would increase your payload by the amount removed. This doesn't necessarily increase tongue weight capability however - there may very well be other factors.