PCV hose attachment location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

archer59

Reaction score
Dumb question...

1997 Exp with 5.4... where does the PCV hose connect to. Long story.

Thanks,
Nick

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

archer59

Reaction score
Originally posted by archer59
Dumb question...

1997 Exp with 5.4... where does the PCV hose connect to. Long story.

Thanks,
Nick

Is the attachment location a secret???

HI Expedition

Reaction score
I am having difficulty finding the location to the valve. I thought that it should be on the driver side valve cover, but that outlet is permanently attached.

My fear is that the previous owner jb welded a plastic coupling in place of the pcv.

I am getting codes for lean banks and having weak acceleration up hills occasionally.

Does anyone have a picture of the place where the valve goes and a description of how to replace the valve?

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One side (valve cover) has a PCV valve and goes to a manifold vacuum source and is a smaller hose. The oposite side valve cover is the vent side and it should have a larger hose that hooks up between the mass air meter and throttle body.
If you are getting a lean bank code the vent side is probably disconnected somehow and allowing unmetered air to enter the system between the mass air meter and the throttle body.
Take a picture of the suspicious location for us if you can.
Matt

HI Expedition

Reaction score
I solved it. I was looking at the vent tube thinking that it was where the pcv was supposed to go because the other hole in the valve cover (passenger side) had a plug in it. After researching, I found out that the pcv was supposed to be on the passenger side. So I searched farther back on the cover for the pcv, and I found that it was not hooked up. It was hiding in some hoses. The previous owner must have lost it and replaced it with a plug.

Now, I need to erase the codes and see if that was it. There are four codes, but I think this could have been responsible for all of them.

Thanks for the response.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett