Pending... Wrench & TC Lights, has power No Crank No Start condition....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Need some input. Just bought a 2007 Expedition EB, pretty clean in and out (other than the rot). Obviously its issues are now showing up. Naturally who sold it to didnt disclose any issues. It has 149K, and only driven it about four humdred miles. It and has acceration issue with a misfire like lundging. CEL started flasng and drove straight to get the codes read.

Went to AutoZone pulled one code.
P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected PENDING.

Went to O'rielys pulled 6 codes.
P0316 Misfire detected on startup (First 1000 Revelutions) NON-MIL.
P1000 On Board Diagnostics II Monitor / Drive Cycle Test Not Complete NON-MIL.
U1900 Controller Area Network Communication Bus Malfunction
B1318 Battery Voltage Low
P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected MIL.

Went to Advance Auto pulled 6 codes.
P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected MIL.
P0316 Misfire detected on startup (First 1000 Revelutions) NON-MIL.
P1000 On Board Diagnostics II Monitor / Drive Cycle Test Not Complete NON-MIL.
P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected CONFIRMED.

All three code checks done within fifteen minutes.

The next morning I pulled number 4s COP and swapped with number 1s. Number 1s was newer, and 4s was OEM. Number 4s had corrosion on the tab for the spring to plug. Cleaned, greased, and put it back together. Cleared the codes drove three four day (80 miles each) no CEL.

Today I checked the I/M readiness and for any codes. It was not ready and no codes on my scanner. I start the truck to turn aroud in the driveway, Get onto the street and noticed the wrench is flashing with the Traction Control light flashing. Put it in reverse it shut off. I have turned it off opened and closed the drivers door, no crank. Disconnected ground and reconnected the battery no crank. Disconnected ground for fifteen minutes and reconnected the battery no crank. Disconnected ground and positive for fifteen minutes (killing time now) and reconnected the battery no crank no start. Its been hours and still does not crank and both lights still come on.

NOTE: The battery was replace new last month. Battery has 12.63 volts while broke down.

Turn the key it has plenty of power just no selenoid click or crank. I can hear what assume is the PCM clicking on the right in the dash. There is no drain on the lights when attempting.

Where did they put the selenoid on this truck?

Any tips?

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
VOLTAGE DROP TEST to make sure the cables and connections are letting that 12.63 get to where it needs to be.
Where did they put the selenoid on this truck? I want to try and jump it.

Any other Voltage Drop test points I can check?

I went to the panel right side under dash and it was patrtial off, so I am assuming this was previous condition. The ground at the fender near the battery tray has a number of scratches.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Where did they put the solenoid on this truck?
It is in between the battery and the starter somewhere. follow the positive cable to it, or go to the starter and follow positive cable back to the solenoid.

OP
OP
J

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cables on the starter, negative terminal on starter to ground post on battery, From the positive post on battery to starter positive terminal. Both at rest and while trying to start.
Got it thanks

Last edited: