Phaser Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had rattles with cold start up and I just dropped by 19 Expedition for cam phasers replacement yesterday. Took the dealer almost a month to get parts. Let hope they can fix it since they claimed that many F150 got phasers replaced by them.

Dennis48755

Reaction score
Hi, just called my dealer to get FSA 21B10 done on my 2018 Expedition. Was told they don't have the software for the Expedition yet, only the F-150

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You click on schedule service and it will take to dealers in your area to make an appointment. My understanding is that Ford doesn’t have a software update for the 4th Gen Expeditions yet.

bcb97

Reaction score
That’s correct. They have also pulled back on that update. It caused transmission problems and have reverted loading the as built data back on the trucks. Again this is just for F150s.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's fun, warn us of a recall and to schedule a repair for a non-available fix that might make things worse. Ugh. Was actually going to call and schedule this soon.

Shutterbug57

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dealer just did the reprogram on my ‘19 Max today. I guess they have the Expy software in now. Is there more info on the tranny issue with the reflash?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It showed up on ford pass under recall, but I could honestly care less about what it's called.

What aggie posted would make sense though if it's not letting the engine fire until oil pressure build a bit more to quiet the phasers. Was wondering how they could "solve" it with a reflash. Sounds more like treating the symptom and not the cause.

Well, from a legal standpoint it matters what they call it. A recall issue must be repaired and done so at their expense. This "customer satisfaction campaign" is simply an acknowledgement that they know there's a problem and they'll try this one little thing to fix it. If it doesn't fix it, well that's too bad and you're SOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni