Piece of junk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is the first Ford I have ever owned, so no fanboy here. But what do expect to be done when there is no issue present when they look at it? How do you diagnose a problem that doesn't exist when they are looking at it. Its just a fact of how it works, they can only fix what they can find. I would agree that trouble shooting is an art and most techs at dealers don't have that skill. Having to take a car in for any repair is a hassle and pain. Totally agree with that and as a result do most stuff myself.

Huh?

I’m just saying that to have 3 things go wrong on a brand new vehicle sucks lol

JP Dye

Reaction score
So as one suggested when my 2018 Expy does something odd, the side mirrors do not extend or when the rear hatch closes on its on when trying to remove groceries, or when the alarm goes off for no reason, when the dash go dark, when you cannot release the e-brake, or the Easy Entry doesn't work or or the AC controls lock up or when you try to put in R or D (brake depressed) the gear knob just blinks or any other of 2 dozen weird things this car does, I should drop everything I'm doing and drive 1-2 hours to tell a service manager what happened?
Maybe I need to move to your town, because where I live, I'd rather get a 8 hour long root canal than goto a dealership again for warranty service.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm scared to see what the repair bills will be on these electronic nightmares when they are 15 years old!
We bought extended warranty and plan to move on to our next vehicle before it expires for this exact reason. 8-10 years is what we expect to drive it for.

OP
OP
S

Sonic19982

Reaction score
For those criticizing my post. My wife and I work long days, have 3 children and we are both small business owners. The most important thing to us is time. Sure the vehicle is under warranty and yes they aren’t devastating issues but every time I go to the dealership it’s costing me time that could be used to earn money or spend with my family. Did you know that a simple horn fix on the expedition requires parts of the front end to be removed? I waited 1 and 1/2 hours in service for that news and they told me that the car would have to be in overnight. I had to fight with them to get a loaner car. I never had these issues pop up with our Lexus or Honda. So yes I stand by my piece of junk comment. I paid a premium price for this vehicle and I do expect better quality and service. So should all of you.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So as one suggested when my 2018 Expy does something odd, the side mirrors do not extend or when the rear hatch closes on its on when trying to remove groceries, or when the alarm goes off for no reason, when the dash go dark, when you cannot release the e-brake, or the Easy Entry doesn't work or or the AC controls lock up or when you try to put in R or D (brake depressed) the gear knob just blinks or any other of 2 dozen weird things this car does, I should drop everything I'm doing and drive 1-2 hours to tell a service manager what happened?
Maybe I need to move to your town, because where I live, I'd rather get a 8 hour long root canal than goto a dealership again for warranty service.

The hell???

I'd murder a dealer if a used car 10x cheaper did all that

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those criticizing my post. My wife and I work long days, have 3 children and we are both small business owners. The most important thing to us is time. Sure the vehicle is under warranty and yes they aren’t devastating issues but every time I go to the dealership it’s costing me time that could be used to earn money or spend with my family. Did you know that a simple horn fix on the expedition requires parts of the front end to be removed? I waited 1 and 1/2 hours in service for that news and they told me that the car would have to be in overnight. I had to fight with them to get a loaner car. I never had these issues pop up with our Lexus or Honda. So yes I stand by my piece of junk comment. I paid a premium price for this vehicle and I do expect better quality and service. So should all of you.

Anytime I make a service appointment for a warranty issue, I arrange a loaner vehicle (typically F150 crew cab) before I drop off my Expy to avoid any waiting. Perhaps that strategy would simplify things for you a bit if your dealer is reasonable to work with.

Multitask0

Reaction score
Should they only come here to complain after they’ve had the work done? Not sure what your point is.

The price of the repairs is a distant second to the hassle of having to bring your car in to the dealership in my opinion.

Lot of ‘protect the queen’ fanboy responses here... (edit: not just singling you out)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What most any user should do, especially if the vehicle has a warranty, is take it back to get fixed. They might not have the part in stock, which I wouldn't expect them to have, and a backorder from the manufacture is a PITA too... If it's under a warranty, it's free to get it fixed... and usually you get a loaner to use if they need to order a part that keeps you from driving the vehicle.

I would come to a forum to see if anyone else has the issue to see what was done.... and if the vehicle is out of any warranty, THEN come to a place like this to see if anyone else has had the issue. 8)

I don't have or own or plan to have an SUV, I have a Fusion Hybrid. I'm here to see what issues with Sync 3 there are, and assist if need be. Being that the parts (for the most part) are interchangable. My APIM came out of a Mustang... 8)

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What most any user should do, especially if the vehicle has a warranty, is take it back to get fixed. They might not have the part in stock, which I wouldn't expect them to have, and a backorder from the manufacture is a PITA too... If it's under a warranty, it's free to get it fixed... and usually you get a loaner to use if they need to order a part that keeps you from driving the vehicle.

I would come to a forum to see if anyone else has the issue to see what was done.... and if the vehicle is out of any warranty, THEN come to a place like this to see if anyone else has had the issue. 8)

I don't have or own or plan to have an SUV, I have a Fusion Hybrid. I'm here to see what issues with Sync 3 there are, and assist if need be. Being that the parts (for the most part) are interchangable. My APIM came out of a Mustang... 8)

Uh, he’s just coming here to vent that his band new $70k vehicle has multiple issues to other owners.

I’m guessing he knows to take it and get it fixed under warranty.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess my point is if you don't take it to get fixed now, and you ultimately live with it for a while and then the warranty runs out, you will be very upset to see the repair bill that comes out of your pocket. When my stuff is under warranty I think its a small victory when things break, as then they are paying to make them right before it becomes my problem. I guess when you are used to fixing your own cars, you kinda have a different outlook on these things. lol. This thing is such an electronic nightmare, theres probably few things that a owner can actually repair himself anyway, so I fully expected to be "married" to a dealer for repairs and thats exactly why I bought mine from my closest dealer.

Maybe its cheaper for you to hire a driver to drop the car off while you work.... Just a thought. I often times send my employees to the dealership while I stay back and work.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess my point is if you don't take it to get fixed now, and you ultimately live with it for a while and then the warranty runs out, you will be very upset to see the repair bill that comes out of your pocket.

He’s had it 90 days. He would LITERALLY have to wait years to run the warranty out lol.

OP, correct me if I’m wrong here but it sure seems to me that you just wanted to vent that your brand new rig has a bunch of issues?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360