Piece of junk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What most any user should do, especially if the vehicle has a warranty, is take it back to get fixed. They might not have the part in stock, which I wouldn't expect them to have, and a backorder from the manufacture is a PITA too... If it's under a warranty, it's free to get it fixed... and usually you get a loaner to use if they need to order a part that keeps you from driving the vehicle.

I would come to a forum to see if anyone else has the issue to see what was done.... and if the vehicle is out of any warranty, THEN come to a place like this to see if anyone else has had the issue. 8)

I don't have or own or plan to have an SUV, I have a Fusion Hybrid. I'm here to see what issues with Sync 3 there are, and assist if need be. Being that the parts (for the most part) are interchangable. My APIM came out of a Mustang... 8)

Soon after I bought my new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4, the LF plastic door check strap broke.

I called the dealer service department and they said they did not have the part in stock. I asked if they would order it so it would be in stock when I brought the vehicle in (I explained I bought the vehicle there new) The service advisor said they would not order the part until they inspected the car.

I made an appointment and the service advisor said he would order the part, after examining it. I asked if he could have the part’s department check other dealerships nearby for the part in stock (major metropolitan area) and he said it was the dealership’s policy to order the part - not get it from another Ford dealer.

Based upon this problem and other poor service issues, I stopped going to this dealership and also will never buy another new vehicle from them.

Some Ford dealers do everything they can to irritate and aggravate their service customers. In my case, they pushed me enough that I now go to another dealer for service. Their poor service also has an effect on whether or not a customer will buy another new Ford.

I completely understand the OP’s feelings and frustrations.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He’s had it 90 days. He would LITERALLY have to wait years to run the warranty out lol.

OP, correct me if I’m wrong here but it sure seems to me that you just wanted to vent that your brand new rig has a bunch of issues?

I've done it, so its not as impossible as you make it sound. He's made it very clear that he doesn't have time to take it in, so these things easily slip away as he said he has much more important things to focus on.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've done it, so its not as impossible as you make it sound. He's made it very clear that he doesn't have time to take it in, so these things easily slip away as he said he has much more important things to focus on.

You had something go wrong the first couple of months and then waited YEARS to get it fixed?

That’s weird.

Either way you seem to be the only one unable to understand that he’s simply venting about the lack of quality in the build.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You had something go wrong the first couple of months and then waited YEARS to get it fixed?

That’s weird.

Either way you seem to be the only one unable to understand that he’s simply venting about the lack of quality in the build.

Any chance you want to post about the topic instead of personal attacks? I thought we were here to gain knowledge together!

Julian

Reaction score
"could not duplicate customer complaint".

First thing i do is to take a video of the problem when it happens and post it to YouTube.

Step two is to tactfully email the video link to the service manager with a CC to the dealership head (manager or owner). Note that you'll follow up with a phone call about the issue.

Then follow up with a phone call to each to let them know you sent a link.

The electronic communication puts date and time stamps all over everything so it can be reviewed later if needed.

cdahlen

Reaction score
I bought a new car,week later it died. They said it was a bad throttle body- not part of drive train so not warranty covered. Told them take that part off and let me test drive. Shop manager said car needs it to run. I said that makes it part of drive train. After going back & forth for about 2 hours, he gave in because I was holding up the service line. Ps it was a Dodge.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always find it interesting when people hop on an enthusiast forum, start a "degrading" post, and then can't understand why they don't get warm fuzzies from everyone.

PC Rob

Reaction score
Feel your pain! 2018 bought it brand new $54K and still dealing with the repeat issues of my 2006! Bubbling paint on the rear liftgate and with the help of a friend in Ford, I still have to pay almost $1200 for the replacement. Fords had this problem for nearly 20 years now, may possibly be my last Ford product after decades behind the wheel of only Ford! So sad they don't give a crap about quality anymore, just the new American state of mind I guess? And to top it, I've had my wife driving Explorers for years and now in her second Lincoln MKZ! Totally frustrated. :-(