PLug under Left side back bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottandtyson210

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Expy came with a trailer hitch but just noticed I have no wire plug. I found a open plug under the back left side of the bumper, is this for lights ir trailer brake? If i need to install my own 4 pin where is the wires i would need to splice into?

Thanks

Scott

fraziarwp

Reaction score
What year? Most are factory built with 4 wire plug connectors already installed. The wiring is there for a 7 wire plug. Look under the bumper on the left side.

What you might be seeing is the 7 wire plug right next to the hitch. It is round. A 4 wire flat connector is somewhere close by.

OP
OP
Scottandtyson210

Scottandtyson210

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It isnt round like the 7 set-up, it is a square plug with the female holes for another plug to hook into. I cant find a 4 or 7 anywhere, I thought the same that they all came with something, especially if there is a hitch why wouldnt you have a plug! :shrug:

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It isnt round like the 7 set-up, it is a square plug with the female holes for another plug to hook into. I cant find a 4 or 7 anywhere, I thought the same that they all came with something, especially if there is a hitch why wouldnt you have a plug! :shrug:

What year is it?

It sounds like you are talking about the plug that the trailer harness pigtail plugs into, but with out a year I am not sure.

OP
OP
Scottandtyson210

Scottandtyson210

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is the plug

picture.php