pop noise rear AC question / and long trip question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can I just unplug it for few day ( cause the clicking noise ), I need take the expy in for a 2000 miles trip next week.

Anything I need to do to the expy before the trip ..

I just change the oil 2 week ago. rear dif, front brake, new air filter, the rear brake need to be change, I can heard the noise... coolant just flush and fill 5 day ago. Expy is driving fine, but havent take for long trip yet, it does have 180k miles on it.

idk 2000 miles round trip is too much for these expy ?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There will not be a problem with disconnecting the blend door motor for the rear. I would set it on cold before doing so.
As far as your road trip - you know more about the vehicles condition than we do. If everything has been taken care of and maintained your only worry should be the temp of the road where you are going. South western states will have hotter roads than the rest of the country. Heat can kill marginal tires.
I also carry a gallon of each of the fluids used. That way I will never need them - Murphy's Law.
Have a nice trip.

Last edited:

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
make sure you look at the accessory belt

OP
OP
2005Expedition

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There will not be a problem with disconnecting the blend door motor for the rear. I would set it on cold before doing so.
As far as your road trip - you know more about the vehicles condition than we do. If everything has been taken care of and maintained your only worry should be the temp of the road where you are going. South western states will have hotter roads than the rest of the country. Heat can kill marginal tires.
I also carry a gallon of each of the fluids used. That way I will never need them - Murphy's Law.
Have a nice trip.

btw set on cold question, you mean set on cold under the radio or set on cold on the ceiling ?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not hard at all to replace the belt...serpentine...use pulley adjuster to pull pulley arm or 1/2" ratchet and belt comes off...same to replace

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have rear A/C controls you can just turn it off unless you are going to have passengers back there. I just took mine on a 1200 mile trip. It worked flawlessly but my mileage is only at 124,000.

OP
OP
2005Expedition

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes I do have passenger back there :(. how I disconnect the blender door switch ? and where its locate on this 05

OP
OP
2005Expedition

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
quick update : I turn all to cold and unplug the blend door, pretty easy, pop the top off and you see the wire, just unplug it. no noise now, but will fix in future, just a quick fix for now for this trip.