Power Folding Mirrors Issue ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Paul Gruven

Reaction score
F150 slightly different than Exped but same idea.

I will have the brass gears by end of week, I will post a DIY article on the site too. This is really the only thing in the whole system that can go wrong, so replacing with brass gear should pretty much end the need to buy entire new mirrors.

[email protected]

OP
OP
P

Paul Gruven

Reaction score
Guys we do now have the brass gears made up for the F150, 2009-2014 non-towing power folding mirrors as well as 07-14 Expedition.

So far I have tested a drivers side unit, works great. Does someone have a passenger side unit they can send to me, or at least the motor from it ? Im not sure if motor is same polarity or opposite. The Expedition unit I have is from a passenger side and the motor polarity is opposite.

Currently, we are just offering the brass spur gears, but we will soon also offer the replacement high torque motors too.

If you can help with the passenger side F150 unit, or if you have any Ford power folding mirror from 05-08, or have disassembled any tow mirror and can assist, EMAIL me. We will provide freebies for those that can help !

IMG_4208__98606.1504790215.1280.1280.jpg
Click Here for the F150 Power Folding Mirror Gears / Motors !

[email protected]

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have purchased a set of motorcycle blinkers to add to the front side of the mirror. The idea is to give more visibility from the front as well as the side. The mirrors have LED blinkers in them, but only face the rear. I will tie the front/side facing blinker in to the OEM blinker, a simple upgrade.

We're getting a bit OT, but I did the same thing on a Mercury Grand Marquis using a simple LED "bolt." It's blindingly bright.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-wired-bolts/bolt-beam-12mm-led-light/1494/3432/

CustomPuddleFwdTurn_Annotated72dpi.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bolt mount LED? now THAT is a freaking awesome idea.

Any heat issues if run continuously for hours on end mounted thru a hole in plastic?

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They don't generate much heat at all! Just be aware the "warm white" units are quite yellow in appearance -- probably around 2300K. I do wish they were a bit more white. I think ideal would be more like 3300K.