Power Running Board Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrandiBeth75

Reaction score
My passenger side power running board is closing too early when the rear passenger door is still open. I'm suspecting some kind of sensor isn't working right because it only happens on that door. It deploys when you open it but tries to close up as you step in. it stays open for the front passenger door until it closes. Any suggestions? Is there a sensor that I can try to replace?

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year?

Does it make any difference if the door is only partially open? Reason I ask is if a wire in the door harness is chafed, it may make connection when the door is closed or partially open, but loses connection when the door is fully open. My 06 F-150 has this exact issue.

OP
OP
B

BrandiBeth75

Reaction score
I just tested it and it retracts when the door is partially open and fully open. But when the front passenger door is open, it stays deployed. So right now I'm opening the front door to keep it open while I load kids in through the back door.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357