Prerunner / Chase Expedition in the making

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I told my fabricator that I wanted it to stick out a little bit. I don't like the bumpers that are flush with the bottom skirt. Even 2-4 inches is too close for me. It actually turned out the way I wanted it. I understand where you're coming from. I just like that scooped look.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
200eb - You mentioned that they only made shorty headers for the Expy. I found these on Summit Racing. They look like long tube but the item discription says shorty but the image looks like long tube. Here is the link: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HED-89496/?rtype=10

Also, what do you guys think of the yellow Accel coils? I'll be using the Motorcraft sparkplugs. I'm looking for effeciency and MPG increase.

I am going to get the Edge CTS gauge when funds are available. I want to milk this MPG for all it's worth.

Sorry hunter i have been doing lots of tests presurgery ill meet up with you again and let you see the tb spacer and hear it. Ididnt notice the feel of extra power but i drove the same way to work everyday and up the same hill and i did notice that the truck did not downshift as early so i would say minamal hp and tq improvement but it DID help tq atleast a little

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hunter looks clean looks much better with the bumper, i like it

01expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are your tires sitting under the glass pretty well? and is it long travel or standard suspension lift

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are your tires sitting under the glass pretty well? and is it long travel or standard suspension lift

thats just a standard 4" lift. wait till he gets a lt kit. then those tires will really stuff in there.

OP
OP
R

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rear Bumper should be on soooooon. Fabricators like to put me on the bottom of the totem pole.

Hooch33

Reaction score
I'm trying to understand the purpose of this vehicle, as it's described as a "chase" vehicle. No offense but it looks like it's only running a typical aftermarket lift kit and everything else is just appearance modifications. If you are really looking into making this vehicle actually prerun in the desert you should be looking into custom arms, shockhoops and linking the rear before any of these appearance modifications due to they won't help you out at all in the desert. I would think that by calling this truck a "chase" vehicle you actually have somthing that runs at a competetive level so these above things would have been the first investment in this truck. Torsion bars would have been the first thing I ripped off of that thing before any of this even started.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it must be nice to have a couple grand to throw into a LT kit. huh? and just so you know. the rear end is linked and is very strong. my buddy used his stock rear end for years before he ever though of putting in longer triangulated links. and no im sorry. prerunner and chase vehicles are two different things. a chase vehicle just needs to be able to get to the next pits fast than the race vehicle. or hell just be able to carry all the supplys needed. and so what if he wants all the fiberglass on his truck before the performance. its not your budget nor is it your rig. and torsion bars are far strong enough. why else would chevy be using them on 2500s 3500s? or the older toyota prerunners have them? my buddy would launch his ranger edge off jumps no problem and he had t-bars. like i said. it must be nice to have unlimited funds like you.

o and i beat on my truck with 170k+ miles. t-bars never let me down once! they are plenty strong for a chase truck. :gr_guns: :gr_guns: :gr_guns: :gr_guns: :893karatesmiley-thu: :893karatesmiley-thu: :893karatesmiley-thu: :893karatesmiley-thu: