Programming Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is fantastic, thank you for sharing!! I have memory mirrors on my truck but not factory power-fold, so this could be the easiest way for me to achieve both power-fold and auto-fold in one step.

One question though: On my 2017 I checked the factory wiring diagram and could not seem to find a switched Ignition ON circuit. It seems all the various modules get the Ignition Status and Engine Running status over the network. Where did you tap a wire for your Ignition feed?

Thanks! :)

I tapped into a connector behind the driver side kick panel — C213 pin 8 (White wire).

Power Dist - C213 Pin 8.jpg

C213 in A7 Block

C213 Pin 8 - Location.jpg
I

Last edited:

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Final diagram to put it all in perspective.

My initial ACC power source was hot during remote start. Hence unfolding the mirrors before any doors was unlocked.

My second ACC wire choice would stay hot 30 seconds after ignition off; I couldn't autofold the mirrors immediately after locking the vehicle.

So I married the two ACC wires together in a relay.

Expedition AutoFold Retrofit.jpg

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you guys know if this will work on a 2008?
1) Does your 2008 already have power fold mirrors ?

2) If yes, there's a very small chance the 07-08 mirrors MIGHT be wired directly to a powerfold relay vs the 09-17 the mirrors power folding mechanism running through the DSM.

Short Answer is Yes it can be done on an 08, but if it doesn't run through the DSM like the above diagram you'll have to wire slightly different.

Last edited:

AndreasG

Reaction score
Yes my 2008 has power fold mirrors, and as far as I can see, it is controlled by the DSM:
PowerfoldMirror.PNG

Does this look like the newer wiring?