Projector Headlights vs stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

napew2009

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys. I wanted input on projector led headlights. What are some pros and cons about these type of aftermarket style vs the stock replacement? I guess I should be honest and fess up: Yes, I bought them first, then I did my research (don't tell the wife). I bought more for style than anything, and overlooked performance. Anyways, what can a guy expect in terms of amount of light projected? Yes, I am a bit nervous about my impulsive buy. Thanks in advance for input.

ExpiGator

Reaction score
unsure of what year you have... i'll tell you what others have told me and what i've read.

these are my opinions/thoughts only.

common aftermarket concerns

fitment

quality control

lower quality of materials

seal failures

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of aftermarket projector lights, both because of looks (they always look "crowded"), as well as the issues Expigator listed. But that's just my opinion.

A set of clear headlights (like the Lightning or Harley) give a nice, clean look.

As far a lighting performance. I'd guess it's have to depend on which one you get. I know I've heard of some that come with a blue tint on the projector, which really limit the amount of usable light available.