Proximity Locks and Push Button Start Sought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We still do have proximity fobs. Just not all the features that would make life easier like automatic unlocking. I walk up to my truck and merely press any key on my keypad and all the doors unlock. Not too difficult for me. To lock I just press the last two keys and it locks. Never need to get the key out of my pocket. But I admit it would be nice for this all to be automatic like other proximity keyless systems. Viper makes a system and this company might be one you could look into?

https://advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK105B.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We still do have proximity fobs. Just not all the features that would make life easier like automatic unlocking. I walk up to my truck and merely press any key on my keypad and all the doors unlock. Not too difficult for me. To lock I just press the last two keys and it locks. Never need to get the key out of my pocket. But I admit it would be nice for this all to be automatic like other proximity keyless systems. Viper makes a system and this company might be one you could look into?

https://advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK105B.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can anyone who has factory proximity fobs and push start please confirm - can you use the proximity function to unlock/ open the rear lift gate by pushing the release button in the handle while the vehicle is locked and fob is in your pocket? My keypad functions as Muddy Bean mentions, but according to the owner's manual I thought I would be able to open the rear hatch and it is NOT working that way on my new 2017 Limited. If I want to open the rear hatch, I either have to use fob buttons, or walk around to the keypad first and hit any button to unlock the truck and then I can manually trigger the hatch switch for it to swing open. Trying to figure out whether I'm misunderstanding the manual, or if something isn't working correctly in mine. Seems silly to not have a proximity sensor in the lift gate. Thanks in advance for any input.