Pulled cluster to install leds and now it won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But saying I need to special needs the timing to get rid of pinging just sounds stupid. LOL

And what are they going to rename (I'm joking but let the right person find out about this and see) the clutch "master" cylinder and the "slave" cylinder.
I guess this is why they are stopping making manuals.

While were on this subject....
My 21 yo son recently decided (and he's right) that if I were a 9 year old....with my unfiltered comments, extreme resistance to change, combativeness and quick to anger, and emotional outbursts- rants and tirades really- I would almost certainly be diagnosed as autistic.

So I have accepted that I am a 9 year old autistic child.

A doctor did tell my mom not to have any children; that they would be retarded.

I guess he was kinda right.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those would probably fall under "thingamajig" and "dohicky" so we don't offend them. It may also be the sinister reason the "non-automatic transmission" is fading into the sunset. We can't have millennials making decisions on when to shift gears, it is too overwhelming.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those would probably fall under "thingamajig" and "dohicky" so we don't offend them. It may also be the sinister reason the "non-automatic transmission" is fading into the sunset. We can't have millennials making decisions on when to shift gears, it is too overwhelming.

I’ve heard that some millennials, especially on the west coast, will only buy a vehicle that turns left.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Naw, that's actually a southern thing! Ever watch Nascar? All left turns! You know I was going to jump back in when I read it started for a second after my recommend of spraying the throttle body, but I wanted to see how far this would go. By the way, we have a high school here in Daly City called Jefferson. Their mascot up till about 10 years ago was an Indian. Their now called the Grizzlies. Ironic because here in DC, we had native tribes that inhabited our San Bruno mountains, called ohlone Indians. Somebody actually painted a rock on the Guadalupe highway where they filmed Bullit chase seen with red paint on it's nose. It's still visible 80 years later.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

Pclaythomas

Reaction score
Sorry, should have made it more clear. The fuel pump was under warranty. The company sent me a replacement and hope to install it this weekend. I pulled the fuel line going to the fuel filter and tried to start it. Barely a trickle ....
I also put the original cluster back in and no theft light but the key fob works the locks now.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well, to me this sounds like some kind of ECU or PCM or computer (whichever you wish to call it) kind of lockout, as a security measure. so this is probably not going to be included with any tech sheet unless you literally work at ford engineering.

sounds like the fuel is being cut as a measure of lockout,
just bypass the lockout and create your own manual fuel circuit
you may need a 20$ diy oscilloscope

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Doesnt the Pats system have a wire bypass for just this scenario. I agree it seems off that a fuel pump would go south right at the same time he did the cluster. It's possible, but not likely. Do any of you guys have the procedure for our friend. He may just need a reflash.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man, I miss bedrck47 not being around to liven things up on here! and0r your reply would light a fire under him.

Jeez you guys or ya'll, diagnose before condemning parts. Or as they say in Missouri "show me".
1) what is the battery voltage?
2) is fuel pump getting power and how much?
3) is pump getting power after relay is bypassed, if needed?

No bypass on the pats. Once the PCM acknowledges the key code is valid it completes the fuel pump circuit by providing the ground. This pressurizes the fuel rail for 2-3 seconds while the pcm monitors the engine rpm while cranking. If the rpm is above a certain amount the PCM has determined the engine is running and continues to provide the ground for the fuel pump circuit. Below the rpm and the circuit is opened cutting off the fuel supply.

Last edited:

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my fuel pump must look like a baghdad battery by now, it actually makes scary skeleton music at night. there is a slight vacuum whine somewhere too, this is ontop of the strategically placed hole on the rear muffler box. ******** disney KFC pirate ship i tell you what