Putting Platinum Seats in a Limited?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okiexpy

Reaction score
We bought the platinum trim over a limited just for the massage function....aaaaaand love it! totally worth trying to get the massage to work. It moves just enough you can sit there for hours and get out and not feel like you have been stuck in the same position for hours. Id see if a custom shop around you could do some work either on the seats you have (new leather and massage function) or see if they can make the platy seats work for you).

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm curious If anyone has read of or thought of putting a set of Platinum seats in a Limited? I know the massing might not work, but whatever. I'm just wishing the seats in my 302A were more "hugging" like the ones in my wifes Navigator. I've never even sat in a Platinum seat before, but after my last Wisconsin to Miami road trip, I was finding my azz sore from the flat as a board seats in the limiteds.

When I bought my 302A, I couldn't find a Platinum to actually sit in, so I had no clue they had better seats. So I guess I should ask if anyone thinks the Platinum seats are any better than the Limiteds seats?

By glancing at them, they appear to maybe fairly easy to swap, but obviously I'll have to do a LOT more research on this before I try it.

Any thoughts, suggestions, etc? I'm a little concerned about the airbags in the seats working properly, so I really don't want to disable the airbag if I can avoid that for obvious safety reasons.

I know it'll be an expensive swap, but Its far cheaper than trading mine as I'll probably keep mine 8 more years and I've got mine set up just how I want it and has 125K mile warranty on it and sway bars and stuff.

It appears to be possible in an F150. See link below.
Anyone added massaging seats? - Page 3 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Grizguy

Reaction score
I have done a 1000 mile trip from northwest PA to Mississippi.. Had to stop once for gas.. 1 potty stop.. On the way back.. stopped once for gas.. Cruising about 80 MPH.. 2018 max XLT

RussD89

Reaction score
I have done a 1000 mile trip from northwest PA to Mississippi.. Had to stop once for gas.. 1 potty stop.. On the way back.. stopped once for gas.. Cruising about 80 MPH.. 2018 max XLT

And this applies to his seat options how?