Raptor Grill on Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would a standard 07 F-150 grille interchange with an 07 Expedition?

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The F150 grills attach to the hood and lift when the hood goes up. I can't imagine they'd bolt right up to an Expedition.

That said, I would love to have the grill lift up and out of the way like the F150s do. I just haven't been motivated enough to dig into the feasibility of it.

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... You bring up an interesting possibility..

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It cost me $30 to do the insert and I have plenty of raptor and F-150 guys asking how I did it. Literally took me 2 hours and that’s from start to finish with painting and cutting. Gets a lot of conpliments

nEXt

Reaction score
The F150 grills attach to the hood and lift when the hood goes up. I can't imagine they'd bolt right up to an Expedition.

That said, I would love to have the grill lift up and out of the way like the F150s do. I just haven't been motivated enough to dig into the feasibility of it.

The grill I included in my earlier post is quite a bit bigger, its wider and taller than 2015 expedition grill. I'm still awaiting hood mount grill assembly, but it will take more work then originally anticipated. I've selected this F150 gen model grill because there is material to cut away and it mounts to hood, other gens didn't have the angles that matched up with the 3rd gen expy (2015). I think the 2015 F150 raptor grill could work, but unsure if they are mounted to hood.

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to updates and, well, hopefully benefiting from your hard work. I'm pretty excited that someone is taking on this project. :)

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@16plati What LEDs did you use for your raptor grille mod, and did you do anything else to add them in other than tapping the amber marker lights? Love the look.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@16plati What LEDs did you use for your raptor grille mod, and did you do anything else to add them in other than tapping the amber marker lights? Love the look.
I got them from tractor supply 5 pack. Then made the holder for them out of metal corner moulding. Mounted the holder with three rivets between the first and second grill cutouts. Tapped into markers

OP
OP
T

Tom Tulloch

Reaction score
Wow nEXt that sounds like quite a fabrication. Please keep us posted on how it goes. I am surprised there aren't more Expy grill options in the after-market world.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357