Raptorish grill insert.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want the whole raptor grill... but I would love the truck... but can't afford it... so I'll keep my expy... for now..lol

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
screw it ill make my expo better then any raptor ever! ill be able to go faster/slower then it ever could! and still be able to fit 8 and sleep in there if i wanna. haha

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
panda not if you make it a true desert runner all the rear suspension would take up your sleeping room.

Petrini

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You would think there ought to be somewhere to buy that brick pattern cut out in some aluminum sheeting. That would be a good start. Just bend that slot through the middle about 3" wide or so and then cut the ford letters out of 1/4" aluminum flat bar. Paint it the gunmetal color if you want it to look like the raptor, but I personally think it would look sick as brushed aluminum.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
panda not if you make it a true desert runner all the rear suspension would take up your sleeping room.

not really. ive seen some expeditions done right. but have you ever herd of cantilever suspension? look it up! its cool! i want to either do that or make the shock hoops so there will still be people in the 3rd row. haha and i dont want a race truck. just a weekend prerunner. and if i ever get a shop ill sponcer a team and get my name out there. panda off road! we make things out of bamboo! haha maybe not the greatest thing to say.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just paint all the roll bars to look like bamboo. you could have a 3rd row seat. but for one person.

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha panda I have a feeling if we both follow up with our expys, we are going to end up with very similiar trucks....:D Im fabbing a prerunner skidplate this weekend ill post pics after! probably something like this....... http://www.dmzfab.com/dr/chaosa.jpg but without the tubular bar for now(im going to the desert at the end of the month and dont have time to fab it up) so i just picked up some diamond plated aluminum, dumped my bumper skirt, and am going to go for it:)