Rattle from driver window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nytimes770

Reaction score
Has anyone had rattling from their driver side window? I notice it driving over the slightest bumps. The noise seems to be coming from the top middle to top right when the window is closed. I began noticing this at around 2500 miles. At 3300 now.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, had it from jump street waiting to go to dealer. It seems e-motor related 'cuz it sounds like it is eliminated if I just tap the window button down a smidge. It is irritating. Could be door, could be window. Hoping it is an easy fix.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have the same on my passenger window. Rattles worse when outside temp is below 60 degrees. I can also eliminate the rattle with a quick tap on the down button. Ford can’t seem to recreate and fix the problem when I take it in. Let’s us know if you find a solution.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I have it too and it is very irritating since it is too close to my ears!

I think it is coming from the interior plastic trim around the window frame. If I push up on this trim it would stop for few minutes then it sags again and rattles.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wedged a piece of felt under the plastic trim near the top right of the window and it fixed the rattle for me. You don't have to pull the whole trim piece down; you can pull the edge down and get enough room to slip something under it.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wedged a piece of felt under the plastic trim near the top right of the window and it fixed the rattle for me. You don't have to pull the whole trim piece down; you can pull the edge down and get enough room to slip something under it.
Can you snap a picture ?