Rear Camera advice..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legendary70

Reaction score
Hello all.

When I put truck in reverse the camera view is in the rear view mirror. lately for some reason it looks blurry and like with static. Sometime is comes back and looks normal. could it be the wire hat runs from the mirror to the circle looking thing behind the mirror on the windshield? any advice would be great. thx

2013 el

Michael McC

Reaction score
Problem is probably in the electrical connection to the camera. To check it, turn the key to run but don't start the car. Put the car in reverse. Go behind the car, and bang on the area where the camera is. If it goes back and forth with/without static, the problem is there.

My 2016 went to static after driving on dusty roads. There is a thread on here about the fix. You have to take apart the tailgate liners to access the camera. Disconnect the electric connection. Cover it in some sort of silicone. Reconnect. Check the thread for specifics. I did it a year or so ago and have not had a problem since.

Michael McC

Reaction score
Thread link below. You will see that I posted that blowing air would clear it up, but that only worked for a while. The silicone cured it.