Rear Camera Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same problem 07xln has. My front sensors freak out every so often too. And when it snows and there’s ice or snow packed on the front bumper they are completely obnoxious and have to be turned off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my first post, I have a 2016 Ford Expedition Platinum 4X4, and I have found some good information on this site thanks to everyone for the collaborations. I have read on this forum and the Explorer and F-150 forums about others using an OBDII link and the FORScan software. FORScan is software used in conjunction with a specific type of OBDII adapter that enables you to make changes to your truck's default modules' settings.

I'm not sure, however, is this something that could help with the "Enhanced Park Aids" curved lines... Yet. If anyone has tried this and found out if it works that would be great! I would definitely like to implement that on my Expedition.

I like the idea of having the two side view mirrors reverse tilt when the vehicle is put in reverse and then you can set it so they auto fold when you lock your vehicle (Lincoln Style).

So many more options that can be set using the Forscan and OBDII Link. Heres a couple of links that I found really interesting about this:
Using the Forscan Software: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit

List of Changes that can be made: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=815852466

From Ford Explorer Forum Options that can be changed:
https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-yJ4Nrfyfuzp-Mi0l8A#FORScan_2011-2018_Explorers

More possible changes:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qf2gYgkhmsX-dnFO3Ki0nYUvr7aeLKsHsA0WxhDns1s/edit#gid=0

**REMEMBER To Always Make A Backup of your current working configuration before you make any changes.**

I hope this helps someone out. I am waiting to order my OBDII adapter and try a couple of small changes on my truck. I definitely want to get rid of the double horn honk when I leave the engine running and make a small pit stop. I will likely implement the reverse tilting mirrors as well.
Take care, wish you all the best on your 2017.
Hi Shane, We have a long running sticky forum on FORScan http://www.expeditionforum.com/posts/260487/. We cannot do the reverse tilt on the mirrors on our 2017 Expeditions because we don't have the modules that the F150s have. I wish we could because that was one of the things I wanted to do to my truck. I also wanted to do the autofold mirrors but can't do that for the same reason.

When you have a couple of hours you can read through the FORScan forum. We actually have a spreadsheet on the things that we know you can change on the Expedition and have been confirmed to work.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2017 Ford Expedition Limited. I noticed that the back up camera shows only the lines to indicate how far I am from an object. I thought it would also show the curved lines indicating where I was backing up. It doesn't. Do I have it or not? My wife's old Explorer had it and it's an XLT.
My wife's 2017 Escape Titanium, which has active park assist has the curved lines.

shanep99

Reaction score
Hi Shane, We have a long running sticky forum on FORScan http://www.expeditionforum.com/posts/260487/. We cannot do the reverse tilt on the mirrors on our 2017 Expeditions because we don't have the modules that the F150s have. I wish we could because that was one of the things I wanted to do to my truck. I also wanted to do the autofold mirrors but can't do that for the same reason.

When you have a couple of hours you can read through the FORScan forum. We actually have a spreadsheet on the things that we know you can change on the Expedition and have been confirmed to work.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
The sensors on the front suck!!! Yes they’re great when parking but other than that they’re horrible. I can be sitting in traffic or at a red light and can be 10ft from the car in front of me and it will start to randomly beep. If it’s raining and the car in front of me is kicking up a good spray it will cause it to randomly go off. Drives me crazy

I have had it beep at me if I approach the vehicle in front of me too fast at a stoplight, even with a good amount of space between us. But have not noticed beeps when driving in rain. I wonder if sensitivity can be adjusted via one of the as-built modules.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had it beep at me if I approach the vehicle in front of me too fast at a stoplight, even with a good amount of space between us. But have not noticed beeps when driving in rain. I wonder if sensitivity can be adjusted via one of the as-built modules.
I've never had it complain in the rain when I am slowing to a stop or moving slowly but I have had ti go off when it has a icicle covering part of it. Then I just get to where I'm going and just use my hand to break it loose. It's not a big deal really.

Once it happens the first time you learn to check those things before you drive off.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The sensors on the front suck!!! Yes they’re great when parking but other than that they’re horrible. I can be sitting in traffic or at a red light and can be 10ft from the car in front of me and it will start to randomly beep. If it’s raining and the car in front of me is kicking up a good spray it will cause it to randomly go off. Drives me crazy

I’ve had the same problem with my 2015 Expedtion Limited 4x4 - purchased new and never wrecked or damaged.

The front parking assist sensors will activate randomly, and during clear, dry weather (no dirt or bugs on the front sensors).

I returned the vehicle to the dealer for repair under warranty - I was told there were “no codes” and “no bulletins”, so there was no repair to be done. I’ve learned that modern mechanics are often nothing more than computer codes readers; many do not have the ability to troubleshoot a problem.

I like the feature - but hate when they malfunction.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah its certainly not an isolated occurrence as we've spoke of it on here before and many others have complained of them randomly going off. Its not really that big of a deal but it does get annoying

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Front sensors work fine for me except in snow/icy conditions. I imagine it's snow covering the sensor. Where is it btw?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjuststeven