Rear passenger window bounce back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Holland

Reaction score
I tried searching but didn't find anything. When rolling up my rear passenger window, either one touch up or manually, the window reaches the top and rolls back down about 8 inches or so. The only way I can get it all the way up is to bump the switch and hope I get it stopped in the full up position. It's pretty annoying. I don't have any history on the truck due to just buying it. Is there a programming sequence that can be done?

EDIT: 2019 Expedition Max Limited

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried searching but didn't find anything. When rolling up my rear passenger window, either one touch up or manually, the window reaches the top and rolls back down about 8 inches or so. The only way I can get it all the way up is to bump the switch and hope I get it stopped in the full up position. It's pretty annoying. I don't have any history on the truck due to just buying it. Is there a programming sequence that can be done?

Thanks in advance!

You may want to post the year, make, model and trim line.

There may be a specific TSB or fix for a specific year.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine does that , sometimes, only when super cold outside and ice present on vehicle/window gaskets

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like maybe some kind of calibration issue to set "Top" and it's hitting the top and thinking an arm or something is caught and rolls back down. Kinda like how you set the top and bottom of a garage door for opening and closing. Not sure how you'd do it but that sounds like the behavior and there should be a way to fix it I'd think.

harleytrike

Reaction score
Do you have window deflectors maybe it needs pushed more into the window chanel.

ckaa

Reaction score
My 22 is doing the same, but it’s the front driver window.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have it memorized, but procedure is well documented, and changed for - I believe 22 - so 19 would be different. Check your owner's manual. Ford actually allows us to re-teach the bounce back points. It's some form of roll it all the way down, hold the button for x seconds, put it all the way up and hold it for x seconds, x number of times within x seconds. Should be fixable, without tools or a visit to the dealer.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the auto stop and auto retraction function a window motor load based function? I.E. window moving up, encounters a pre-determined motor amp draw telling it that it is all the way up and stops or window moving up and encounters a higher load at a sooner elapsed time than expected telling it that there is something blocking the window closure process, like a child's arm and the system then reverses the window closure process by "X" time.

If this is correct, then in each case there is something binding in the closure process - either in glass track or closure mechanism which is causing the reverse program to trigger.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have it memorized, but procedure is well documented, and changed for - I believe 22 - so 19 would be different. Check your owner's manual. Ford actually allows us to re-teach the bounce back points. It's some form of roll it all the way down, hold the button for x seconds, put it all the way up and hold it for x seconds, x number of times within x seconds. Should be fixable, without tools or a visit to the dealer.
Looks like this. Googling "Ford Window Bounce Back" returns a LOT of results on how to fix this with the proper procedure.