Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is the Motor Trend article about the IRS. There is no added arm. Like I mentioned they made a more trailing style arm. And of course the engineer will say theirs is the best. But ride and comfort is not the same to everyone. BAJA racers have tried every suspension design out there and wheel travel is wheel travel. They try to minimize negative camber changes, tire scrub and toe changes. But everything moves in an arch so there is nothing really new. Air bags are a plus IMO. Maybe not having the axles through the frame will let them lift it 6”. I’m all about that. Still waiting on tow numbers. That and the EcoBoost are the only reasons I picked the Expy. 6.6 Duramax in the Tahoe I would trade for it today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mo...uts-job-line-independent-rear-suspension/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My shocks are fine, the ccd handles it better in Sport mode because the shock valving is stiffer. Its just a design characteristic of this suspension. Certain situations make it lose its mind and ford sprung it very soft to ride good, so that all adds up to rear end moving around more than I like. Its real sloppy changing lanes quickly too, and I think that will get much better with a rear bar. I'd do it now, but I'm taking it cross country for a couple weeks and I don't want to dick with it right before the trip in case I don't like the end result.....

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hope it is the fix. I’m pretty confident it is. I had a Ford Raptor and had it on the highest front spring setting and took off the front sway bar. The body roll more than doubled. In high winds it would push the truck around. But the off road ride was so much better and drifting it into corners would feel sketchy at first but the secret is more gas and walk the back around to keep the truck flat. Put it back on and it felt like a tank. And that was just the front. In the Expy we can add two if needed.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone wanting a Hellwig sway bar, they are on backorder or delayed. I ordered 2 on 1-20-2020. I have yet to see them.. The distributor emailed me and asked if I wanted to wait or a refund. They stated they had received word from Hellwig there is a delay, and no given ETA on delivery. They are built to order and build time is 10-20 days. I'm still waiting on my other one..

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you order from Hellwig? I ordered from Suspension Connection...it was a bit cheaper.. but not sure WTH is going on if they gave you a ship date.. [emoji848]

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried to order from Summitt and they wouldn't let me, so I ordered it from Jegs and they gave me a date.