Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What difference did the Sumo’s make? Any change in height unloaded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I didn't feel any ride difference. There was 0 squat I could see. I think it did raise the rear a tad. Otherwise pretty pleased easy to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I spoke w/ Hellwig in Mid March and they were in final tooling on a revised rear bigwig.
Right, but they called me right when the Corona Hoax was starting and they wanted to cancel my order as they planned to shut down for a long period of time. I told them to keep the order and get it done. I'm sure their employees are home and the company is sucking of the Feds to cover their losses.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right, but they called me right when the Corona Hoax was starting and they wanted to cancel my order as they planned to shut down for a long period of time. I told them to keep the order and get it done. I'm sure their employees are home and the company is sucking of the Feds to cover their losses.

Well, Suspension Connection canceled my original order and refund my card. It's a bit more, but I just reordered again straight from them.. but no middle man ********,I hope. It’s states they are open.6fc43957240fa88f2234227d9c7e1217.jpg

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They don't answer the phone and they replied to my email with a generic BS response saying its being redesigned and they don't have an ETA on it. They won't answer me if they are working thru the Corona Hoax!

minichunks

Reaction score
Any update on this? I'm towing f13ab90e6c7f228eaef3b2e0add7d16c.jpg
my boat this am to the shop. Holy shit.. I thought I was going to be sick. I'm tempted to start w a bilstein 5100 swap for the body roll. Good note no sagging w the Sumo Springs.

How much does your boat weigh? Once I get my FX4, I'll be doing some occasional short trip tows with my 6500lb boat/trailer. Be interested to see if I suffer the same issue. My max tow F150 is my primary tow vehicle, but the Expy will be used on occasion.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much does your boat weigh? Once I get my FX4, I'll be doing some occasional short trip tows with my 6500lb boat/trailer. Be interested to see if I suffer the same issue. My max tow F150 is my primary tow vehicle, but the Expy will be used on occasion.

It's about 6k if not more with everything in it. It's not light by any means. I had a 17 F150 Plat Screw 4wd Max Tow and it pulled my boat just as well.. the only thing that sucks was the sway in the rear. The 3.73 gears helped and the turning radius is much better that 157" truck could be challenging.. But I sure miss my damn tow mirrors.

minichunks

Reaction score
It's about 6k if not more with everything in it. It's not light by any means. I had a 17 F150 Plat Screw 4wd Max Tow and it pulled my boat just as well.. the only thing that sucks was the sway in the rear. The 3.73 gears helped and the turning radius is much better that 157" truck could be challenging.. But I sure miss my damn tow mirrors.

I have the 157 as well, and the tow mirrors are great. I don't have trouble maneuvering the trailer with it at all, but parking it in a parking lot can be a chore. Backing in is almost a must in most store lots.