Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Alwaysthinkin I did the same as tunage, during install I used a silicone based lube (for brake parts rubber boots) never had a squeak to date (installed in mid March 2021). I cut off 1/2" of the center sleeve. 2 wks ago while installing bilstein struts I cleaned & re-lubed them. No noise from them at all.

Thanks @5280tunage and @DWs-TTEB for both your responses. Not sure when I'll get the bar installed but I should be all set (also got ramps). Then I'll recheck the rear bar to make sure it is correctly torqued. Must admit, I'm kind of excited to take it for a spin when all done!

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My FSB is stuck on a FedEx truck until Monday. So much for the weekend install. Hopefully I'll be able to do the front like the rear, without ramps or a lift.

With the crappy roads around here I'm going to start researching smaller wheels so I can have more sidewall.

I'm confident both bars with new wheels and tires will be the right combination for my situation.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My FSB is stuck on a FedEx truck until Monday. So much for the weekend install. Hopefully I'll be able to do the front like the rear, without ramps or a lift.

With the crappy roads around here I'm going to start researching smaller wheels so I can have more sidewall.

I'm confident both bars with new wheels and tires will be the right combination for my situation.

More sidewall will make it wander on the road more if you like that. I agree it will ride better tho...

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
More sidewall will make it wander on the road more if you like that. I agree it will ride better tho...
True. I just need a little more to absorb the impacts. I don't mind stiff sidewalls in a track car or decent roads but they aren't practical around here.

Look what was just left at my door :)c233d31ae8dba3d2ae4fb0fbd78162c0.jpg

Last edited:

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Alwaysthinkin I will say, my bar was back to screeching. Since I had to adjust some exhaust clamps, I cleaned and regreased it.
It's normal to lube Poly Urethane bushings every 1-3 years, depending on use and weather. Zerc grease fittings are nice and easy to install if you don't want to remove the bushings every time.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed but the way these are designed, you really couldn't use a zerc, since the part that needs grease is around the bar. I looked around for different bushings and never found any the right diameter. I guess you could try to drill a hole, add a zerc, and drill a hole through the bushing where the zerc is.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rear sway bar installed today with the moog end links...

Super easy install. Didn't even bother putting it in air, just crawled under and did it.

So far on my first short trip to gas station it was good... it did not seem any rougher on the city streets. Rear felt better

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed but the way these are designed, you really couldn't use a zerc, since the part that needs grease is around the bar. I looked around for different bushings and never found any the right diameter. I guess you could try to drill a hole, add a zerc, and drill a hole through the bushing where the zerc is.

Saw a video where they were using teflon tape to eliminate squeaks on polyurethane bushings. What are the points on the Energy end links that create the squeaking sound?

found the video

Last edited:

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's the inside diameter of the bushing, coming in contact with the bar itself. The trouble is, it's not sealed, so dirt/water will get in there, and wear the grease down. I use a very good mechanical grease that's waterproof from Mobil1 and it still goes bad ever few months. Zercs halp a lot by pushing the dirt back out.