Rear wheels off center?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
anyone running a 3/2 kit that noticed the rear wheels sit off centered inside the wheel well viewing vehicle from the side post installation? Just curious as to what might cause this

Rigpig

Reaction score
It also pushes the front wheels rearward, just the geometry of the suspension. Once you put bigger tires and offset wheels on it, it isn't as noticeable. Every leveling kit on every vehicle with independent suspension does this, BTW.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
It also pushes the front wheels rearward, just the geometry of the suspension. Once you put bigger tires and offset wheels on it, it isn't as noticeable. Every leveling kit on every vehicle with independent suspension does this, BTW.
Thanks! I'll be running stock wheels and 275/55/20s until I need new tires but will be looking for either 295/60/20 or 295/65/20 sometime later this year

crector080862

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I have a question is there a fix for this can you get longer trailing arms

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

briandye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the 3/2 lift, 35" Nitto's on factory 20's. The front to my eye looks almost perfectly centered in the wheel well, but the back sits a stupid amount forward. It drives me nuts. I noticed right off the bat, but after one friend pointed it out, its eating at me. Id love to see someone come up with some modification to move them back.

2rtwcqX.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rear suspension is at an angle

Lift kits push wheels out of the center of the wheel well

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The way the suspension is designed, the rear wheels move in an arc from a pivot just in front of the wheels. As they move up, they also go forward, and as they compress, they move backward. If you modified the control arms to re-center the wheels in the wheel wells at lifted height, the geometry would be all wrong, therefore causing them to hit the back of the wheel well when the suspension compressed over bumps or when carrying weight.
You’d have to redo the entire suspension and lower the pivot points in order to prevent that from happening.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And this is the biggest reason why I don't like the looks of these trucks lifted. This and the fact that I like my wheel well gap to be the same front to rear. Personal opinion, don't flame me.