Redesign for 2013 model year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Freshen it up a bit and throw the EcoBoost under the hood, that'll make people look!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know much about the eco boost...guess i need to read up...

Reaction score
An Ecoboost would help with sales (assuming MPG's are improved over GM). For those of us with families that tow trailers, the Expy and the GMs are our only option. And Ford needs to consider that when re-designing the Expy. Give it some oomph and rear suspension options to accommodate a 10,000 lb trailer with 1,000 lbs of tongue weight. And for the love of God, give us decent tow mirrors.

The Informant

Reaction score
The Expedition’s days are numbered, but it will not completely die off, at the very least, it may get a replacement. The "Expedition" nameplate may end, with the vehicle getting a new name. Happens all the time in the automotive world.

Until then (if that happens), the P552 is currently under development, and while I can’t say for sure if Ford plans to do so, the Expedition may start sharing sheet-metal and major interior components with it again, to cut costs. They have always shared chassis designs, certain suspension components, engines, transmissions, and so on.

The U222 back when it was released in late 2002 was the first Expedition to show differently styled sheet-metal and interiors.

It is confirmed that GM is readying its all-new generation Silverado/Sierra pickups, and the SUVs to be based off of it (Suburban, Yukon, Escalade, etc.) So a competitor is needed.

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think major redesign will be out till 2015 they are going to bleed dry the current design. 4 digit monthly sales are not going to be worth a big investment on these big boys. It would be wise to wait for the next body change on the f150 and introduce an expedition based in that design to share parts and keep cost low to be able to sell these big boys. So I'm thinking 2014 with a 2015 year on it. February sales did go up by 7%

Large SUV
February 2012
%
Change
Year To Date
YTD
% Change
Chevrolet Suburban
+ 38.6% 6239 + 32.0%
Chevrolet Tahoe
- 16.9% 8207 - 20.7%
Ford Expedition
+ 7.8% 5400 - 0.8%
GMC Yukon
- 24.6% 4147 - 15.2%
GMC Yukon XL
- 32.6% 2255 - 31.6%
Nissan Armada
+ 0.1% 3210 + 9.5%
Toyota Sequoia
+ 4.2% 2108 + 7.4%

Sent from my iPhone the power of the Jedi

Last edited:

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't maintain any brand loyalty, having owned both Fords and Chevies. No one's mentioned diesels yet. Fossil fuels aren't going away anytime soon. I looked at everything, Tahoes, hemi Chrysler Aspens and smaller Grand Cherokees with the rare Diamler Benz diesel. For my money, the Expy came out #1 as the all round best SUV, so I got my second one. Now, if only the 2013's would come out with the rumored light weight, 4.7 V8 Powerstroke turbodiesel. Even at a premium price, I'll take the fuel economy and low end torque over Escalade status anyday. Just look to Europe, where fuel prices are at a premium. There's a reason for the greater number of operating diesels there, and this country still doesn't get it.