Remote start and climate control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tl01

Reaction score
Will the vehicle turn on the AC or do I have to leave it set? My vehicle has automatic climate control. I know my other car, when you temote start I sets everything to 72 with ac on so it either warms or cools depending upon temp outside.

Thanks!

OP
OP
T

tl01

Reaction score
Answered it myself. It seems to turn on the AC. Glad for that as I like to turn off the AC before I turn off the car so the system can dry out.

OP
OP
T

tl01

Reaction score
Theres a setting in the dash, let the car choose or last setting,

I asked about this last year and the response i got was https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/user-manual-questions.37168/#post-319326

And I was right in my comment in the end, the car always picks what I don't want :)

Funny!! Well... I will usually use remote start when we have extreme heat...like 110 degrees...I’m hoping the car knows I want AC. I’m going to go look this all up in the car right now though. Today it turned the AC on after I turned it off when I parked. Thanks!

Chris Haraway

Reaction score
This also sort of works for me, but it really seems to pick the opposite of what I set (last setting vs auto). What I don't see is how to get the seat cooler going too. This seems like it would be a great feature. I can start the car from 500 ft away, enough time to bring it down a couple notches.