Removing fuse from fuse block.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hbar

Reaction score
I need to remove a 40 amp fuse from the fuse block under the hood on my 2015. It's one of those little fat, square fuses, with no apparent grab place. I tried piers, but all that did was break the top off. I can't get a grip anywhere on it. How is this done without damage?

OP
OP
H

Hbar

Reaction score
You would think, but there is absolutely no room to grab it. It's almost flush with the block, except for the cap that pulled off, breaking part of the side case.

iimagine

2016 EL XLT
Reaction score
Needle nose and grab the side since it has to be replaced anyway.

iimagine

2016 EL XLT
Reaction score
Be glad it's not in the passenger footwell!!!
Been there, done that.

OP
OP
H

Hbar

Reaction score
Be glad it's not in the passenger footwell!!!
Been there, done that. I checked a couple there with no problem.

Needle nose and grab the side since it has to be replaced anyway.
Well, I did that. I needed to see if it was blown. Broke it all up, but at least, it would plug back in. Gotta replace it for sure.

They usually come out with the correct application of colorful language & threats towards the idiot that designed them.
That is my starting point on most all car work.

Thanks for replies. I was hoping someone knew of a puller. Oh, well, I know my next invention that will make me a hundredaire. lol

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I work on "old crap" all the time and typically, I'll just try to break it loose first with extended wiggling, moving other stuff etc. Pressing down on high amp fuses to break the welded bonds that have built up over the years seems how I'd try it...

jeff

OP
OP
H

Hbar

Reaction score
... I'll just try to break it loose first with extended wiggling, moving other stuff etc. Pressing down on high amp fuses to break the welded bonds that have built up over the years seems how I'd try it...

jeff
Good idea on pushing down. There is absolutely no wiggle room. It's down in the block with only the top and a mini-smidgen of the case showing. Any pressure on the case and it breaks off. Nothing otherwise to move. Same fuses on both side. Total design failure. Thanks for replying.