Replaced Water pump, Thermostat, Belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mc0311grunt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Radiator cap could be bad. Also is the thermostat in right? I usually drill a couple holes in a thermostat before I put one in.

BANGEREXPO76

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pic of the Oil Filter Adapter Bracket area? Are you saying that your 4.6 has the oil filter behind the driver's bumper?

Is there any chance that the last time the oil was changed that the old filter gasket is still on the filter base? This sometimes happens and when the new filter is put on, it leaks. Sure you checked, but wanted to ask nevertheless.

I'm also sure you checked your oil lines if in fact you have the remote location?

Definately check this to see if that old filter gasket came off and is still on there as far as the oil leak. That is alot of oil to just up and start losing. As far as coolant problem you may want to check the head gaskets. That water and bad pump may have done some damage in there.

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why would draining the oil and coolant be a bother to you? Can you get a good pic of the leak and post it?
I paid $1700 for my 99 200.000 highway miles, garage queen, new tires, not running, needed hc and cooling system work. Have $2100 total invested now.