Rough Country 18+ 3" lift - a Real Lift kit!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KFordEx8

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just like the rear links to center the rear wheel. Leave the Ready Lift on as I have the CCD's. I would also get the ICON UCA's, but have not felt the need. It aligns perfectly without them.

I’ve thought about the same thing with just the rear control arms, too. But it drives fine.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks much better replacing the rear links.
If I were starting over, I would install the Ready Lift up front, with the Rough Country UCA’s. And the Rough Country setup in the back. New CCD brackets from ReadyLift.

But really, I wish somebody would make a full CCD delete kit, to allow some serious Raptor grade running gear. :cool:

OP
OP
R

rx7gslse

Reaction score
Hopefully they come out with a version of that kit for model years 2021-2022. I wonder what the difference is. I’d buy it for the Timberline right away.
21 for sure would be the same…. Likely for 22 as well, just wouldn’t have had a chance to test it yet to make the claim I bet.

give it a little time for them to check the fit I’m betting.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear links are the part I want most…. UCAs may be nice, but can get those other places.

I have the Bilstein Struts in the rear, which I think is still better than a spacer, but the new links are nice.
yes, that's what I would be thinking. don't use the spacer and use the Bilstein adjustment to set the ride.

rallyhard

Reaction score
They've updated the website to say this kit fits 2018-2021 model years instead of just 2018-2020.

Hopefully they get with the program and release a 3" kit for the 2022 Timberline! I'd be first in line for it.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I talked to Rough Country and they will be making a specific kit for the Timberlines since they have a slightly different suspension than the other models. They are hoping to release it by the end of Summer.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I talked to Rough Country and they will be making a specific kit for the Timberlines since they have a slightly different suspension than the other models. They are hoping to release it by the end of Summer.
Do you know if RC is making spacers or some coil overs? What are your thoughts on this? Coil overs on paper give you more travel and spacers you gain height but no travel. Wonder which is best, I am guessing pricewise spacers are best but if its a excellent coil over witch remote reseviors, etc.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you know if RC is making spacers or some coil overs? What are your thoughts on this? Coil overs on paper give you more travel and spacers you gain height but no travel. Wonder which is best, I am guessing pricewise spacers are best but if its a excellent coil over witch remote reseviors, etc.
That seems to be what they are trying to figure out. Since it is an off-road vehicle, they are considering whether rear struts would make more sense instead of spacers. Whatever they are doing, R&D is pretty much finished if they are hoping to have it ready in a month or two.

Personally, I would want matching suspension on all four corners and I told them that. Granted, who am I in the grand scheme of things, right? I have zero influence on anything or anyone.