Round #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marv02

Reaction score
This is my 2nd Ford Expediton my first was back in 2000 it was a 1999 EB 4X4 loved it but 9-11 made us turn it in it was a sad day.

This is the funny part I traded my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4 door for a 2003 Land Rover Discovery after 2 months fight to get plated the dealer told me they will trade it for anouther car I ended up with a 2001 Ford Expendition EB 2wd.

I am sure glad we have it now.

I already had the trans fuild changed oil changed and coolant changed.
the second day of ownnership.

Trans cooler.

I still need to change the belt. P/S fluid, Differncal fluid.

Sure beats the Land Rover hands down it had all kinds of issues with it.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
welcome:pepper:... sorry but F*** ALL DISCOVERY VEHICLES!
all the people around here (south tampa snobs, as I call them) lease theirs because if you own one you end up buying the SUV (its not a truck) twice

OP
OP
Marv02

Marv02

Reaction score
I will neverbuy anouther LR ever again but at the toime it should did everythingI neded it to do for me and my family But I already have a truck and a Sports car now.

I found out after getting the LR it have known oil pump problems know diff problems alot high $$$ fixes even if you do them your self getting parts for it ia a pain.

welcome:pepper:... sorry but F*** ALL DISCOVERY VEHICLES!
all the people around here (south tampa snobs, as I call them) lease theirs because if you own one you end up buying the SUV (its not a truck) twice

ZuluBravoTango

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Land Rovers have quite a few issues, but most vehicles do. They are formidable off-road (factory lockers) and have a strong following. I will vouch for Thier safety, I rolled my disco on the highway at around 50mph ( front right blow out) it went over 3 times... I was fine. When it was time to get it out of there, the wrecker helped us lift it in the dirt, we changed out the tire and I drove the damn thing home. I took the doors off, cut the roof off, rebuilt the suspension and wheeled it for another year before selling it. I use to be a LR tech, so I will be first to tell you that they have some of the worst electrical gremlins I have ever seen, and if they aren't leaking fluid... Don't drive it... Cause it's empty! But the old Landies aren't a bad choice for a wheeling rig.