Running Board light bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998xpedition

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 1998 expedition with the running boards with the lights and I cannot find any replacement bulbs! Can you please help! I really would like the get the L.E.D bulbs if I can! Thank You!!

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Just put some silicone in the sockets, because most led bulbs have steel contacts that rust really quickly in that potentially wet environment.

ks10308

Reaction score
I put white LEDs in all of them. Inside and out. I used all 194 on the running boards, door lights, and license plate lights. However the 2nd row seats and 3rd row i used i believe 211-2. Those are the cylinder shaped ones with the terminals at the end. The dome light however was the hardest. I used bulb 579 BUT i had to remove the original bulbs from the socket and had to somehow make the metal make contact with the dome light metal foil. But I went to another auto store, bought the original bulb, took it out and popped the LED right in with no probs.

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
agree on the leds! I used cool white cree leds in every place possible! smd's in the domes. HUGE difference!!!