Running Board Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chipete

Reaction score
in order to remove the bulb. underneath the running board, there is a plastic screw that you have to take out that exposes the bulb

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
in order to remove the bulb. underneath the running board, there is a plastic screw that you have to take out that exposes the bulb

so the screw is underneath the running board? well i guess i can check when i go out to my truck. cool, thanks in advance.

chipete

Reaction score
Yes there's a plastic screw that holds a flap that covers up the light bulb assembly

IPhone 6s

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Those plastic expansion screws will probably get destroyed when you try to remove them (probably why some people have steel screws) Any decent hardware store will have the replacement plastic expansion screws. It will be a $2 investment.

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know off hand what these bulb numbers are? Or is there a reference anywhere that lists all bulbs?

Thanks.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Most Advance Auto Parts stores stock an LED replacement for the 194 bulb that looks great on those running boards. Just use some silicone grease in the sockets, because the LED lamps use steel for the contacts (vs copper) and they can rust.