Running boards are off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razor

Reaction score
Took mine off and installed a set of amps for the wife... Don't even see them until you open the door.

Last edited:

JThale13

Reaction score
I know my wife and kids would be a bit upset too if I took mine off. Did you actually gain any ground clearance? I've not looked on mine to see if they hang below the frame or not.

MUSKYMAN52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took my runnin boards off, it already had a 2" body lift then i cranked my torsions up 2" i need to jump to get in haha

Razor

Reaction score
No extra ground clearance as the the stock running boards are above the frame. But the amps drop down about 6" below the stock boards when they're deployed and make it a lot easier to get in and out.

They are also tucked up tighter than the stock boards when they are up and you can't even see them.

If you go through my albums you'll see what I mean.

I know my wife and kids would be a bit upset too if I took mine off. Did you actually gain any ground clearance? I've not looked on mine to see if they hang below the frame or not.

Last edited:

rescuer3

Reaction score
I believe it is time to remove mine, wife will have to carry a ladder to get in.

Armstrongj

Reaction score
I just did the same to mine I'm thinking about putting some nerf bars on to cover up the frame and brake lines what do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 70