Rushing air sound under normal acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beckta10

Reaction score
TXR you literally said almost verbatim what the tech I took a ride with today explained. He also warned me that if I put on a CAI it’ll get louder.

Glad to know it’s normal - it’s just not what I’ve heard from my other turbo engines.

For the rest they did a great job of meeting my requests. Sadly the “rubbing” sound I’m hearing at lower RPMs is likely the beginning of a failing bearing. He said it’s not far enough along to warranty yet - but I’m loaded in the system.

Not far enough to warranty...I hate that crap! If they know it’s failing they should replace it! I would definitely stay on top of that and return for a visit to address it again before the warranty runs out. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Beckta, dealership service writers are like politicians, their trained to keep things vague, and don't promise anything definitely. I know, I've worked both for auto, and motorcycle dealers. Customer's will hold you to what you said, so we had to be careful what we relayed to our clients. As a service manager, I had 2 motorcycles that had the same symptoms/ same repair. 3rd one same symptoms, different fix. Go figure. I learned after that one, be careful what you say.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk