Safety Recall 22S36 - Certain 2021 Model Year Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Vehicles - Underhood Fire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rental reimbursement? We've got vacation plans and I really don't want to chance this thing turning into a fireball in the middle of nowhere, and the timing of this update is just horrible.

neuralfraud -- Go for it...Impending vacation plans may qualify under the 'Other' category, below...

Dealers have been advised to seek authorization to provide rental vehicles in increments up to 30-days to vehicle owners with "unique circumstances", about which you might be interpretive in describing your circumstances to your dealer...

Safety Recall 22S36-S2 Rental Vehicles, Lincoln Pickup & Delivery.jpg

Dealer guidelines for submitting claims regarding rentals are...

Safety Recall 22S36-S2 Dealer Claiming Procedures for Rental Vehicles, Lincoln Pickup & Delivery.jpg

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2019 XTL always has burning smell under the hood when I drove over 2 hours. The smell got stronger in cold weather but the local Ford dealer couldn't duplicate it. I think Ford dealers are either careless or incompetent . I also got the P0236 code when I was driving from Arkansas to Atlanta. Local Ford dealer in Atlanta just reset the light and said no duplicated code.

Your dealer and Ford don't give a damn about your vehicle! We as consumers have proven to our dealers and Ford that we don't give a damn either. We have folks running around paying TEN PERCENT OVER MSRP!! for vehicle's that are missing parts after waiting over 6 months for delivery. Then when you get the vehicle you can't get the lug nuts off, the windshield wipers are subject to fail at anytime, of course there are no parts to repair that item, so don't drive in the rain. But the highlight of purchasing on of these things is the damn thing can catch on fire at anytime.

We have shown Ford that we are good with all that so please tell me WTH Ford should care or give a damn about the consumer???

Honestly my dealer is great couldn't ask for a better response. But my King Ranch had a window of over $80,000. For that kind of money I expect a better product. This will be my last Furd!

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your dealer and Ford don't give a damn about your vehicle! We as consumers have proven to our dealers and Ford that we don't give a damn either. We have folks running around paying TEN PERCENT OVER MSRP!! for vehicle's that are missing parts after waiting over 6 months for delivery. Then when you get the vehicle you can't get the lug nuts off, the windshield wipers are subject to fail at anytime, of course there are no parts to repair that item, so don't drive in the rain. But the highlight of purchasing on of these things is the damn thing can catch on fire at anytime.

We have shown Ford that we are good with all that so please tell me WTH Ford should care or give a damn about the consumer???

Honestly my dealer is great couldn't ask for a better response. But my King Ranch had a window of over $80,000. For that kind of money I expect a better product. This will be my last Furd!

I’ve read several media articles recently regarding the massive increase in Ford’s vehicle warranty costs - which are much higher than GM’s, although GM produces more vehicles.

Ford has been on a decline in terms of quality and reliability for quite some time. I wonder if the current CEO will be able to improve things? I have no doubt that Ford will be losing customers due to the poor quality, despite the shortage of vehicles.

Hardly a day goes by that Ford doesn’t announce a new safety recall - many of which are serious.

neuralfraud

Reaction score
No surprise the dealer is unaware of any sort of rental agreement or reimbursement, asking me to call customer center and get a case number! All they have to do is submit a ticket for approval ...such annoying.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No surprise the dealer is unaware of any sort of rental agreement or reimbursement, asking me to call customer center and get a case number! All they have to do is submit a ticket for approval ...such annoying.
Good luck getting a car. Dealers don't have loaners anymore.

neuralfraud

Reaction score
Check your battery cables!

Has anyone seen the clip of this guy's Expedition that caught fire in June, made outside of the *expanded* recall period? The damage looks like it came from under and around the junction box, and surprisingly, the battery positive side. How is it the cover and the box itself didnt totally burn up?

If you take a look at the battery you'll notice first that there's a tight fit with all the heavy gauge wires, but you might even notice the positive and negative casings rubbing together.

In my case, the positive lead was stretched over the negative going to the junction box and deforming the conduit cover of both. This could maybe lead to chafing given enough miles/vibration...

I removed the affected lug from the junction box and the positive cable and rerouted the cables so they aren't tangled with each other - it's much better now with enough slack to not cause issues or straining.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those who have gotten the fire recall fix done (HD cooling fan) how long should it take before the recall shows as completed in Ford Pass?

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those who have gotten the fire recall fix done (HD cooling fan) how long should it take before the recall shows as completed in Ford Pass?
Honestly, I don't look at Ford pass. But, mine was completed last week.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't look at Ford pass. But, mine was completed last week.
Right, same here. I had the fix done on 7/12. But your gonna want to make sure that based on your VIN Ford records the recall service action as completed. I'm going to give it a few weeks and if it still shows as open for my VIN I'll call the dealer or Ford and ask what's up.