Shocks on backorder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCS_express

Reaction score
Add me to the list and to the backorder issue. . . . went in on December 19th for the knocking sound in the front when I went over speed bumps (leaking strut was the problem). Finally arrived on January 15th, 2020. Problem is that since then my rear passenger side also went bad. When they finally got that part I got a call that my rear driver side is now leaking. At this rate my car will perpetually be at the dealer as it waits for new parts the existing part continue to fail. . . . . this if my first Ford and if this keeps up it will be my last. . . .20,000ish miles 2018 XLT 4X4

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I understand these have three different spring seat settings, is that correct? What level did you set them at, and how easy would it be to change the setting, for example, on the back?

I set them at the stock height level. I have garage door opening height issues and I didn't want to get any closer than I was. During install it is the same amount of work to put them at any of the height settings. If you didn't like the setting I am not 100 percent certain if you could adjust it without taking it all the way out. As I think about it you might be able to compress the spring enough to change the position without taking the shock all the way out. If i didn't have the garage door issue I would have move it to the next higher position just because.

Reaction score
I have an 18 Expy. Had a blown passenger side strut. It was on backorder. Took about 5 weeks to get the part in. Obviously Ford is having an issue with them.

Brent Harward

Reaction score
Yes Bilsteins!!! Happy with our 13 Expy at 105K and original plugs. But had to go good shocks at 80K. Got tired of getting bounced off the road with that big parade float!

Wnomis

Reaction score
Talked to the local dealer today, their computer said they are on back order until approx. 2/14/20. He told me to bring it in so I can get “added to the list” I have a 2018 LTD with 6.6k on it. Front drivers side shock gone.

OP
OP
G

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Screw Ford, I ordered Bilstein shocks all around. I could see Ford replacing all 4 one at a time all backordered.
Back in 96 I bought a mark VIII LSC with HID headlights and Ford never let anyone make repair parts so people had to get creative the parts got really expensive. They aren't going to get me again.

Shaffer9

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody having these issues with the FX4 "re-tuned offroad shocks"? I'll be installing the bilstein 5100s in the near future for the lift and if we are okay with the firmer ride, will be looking to unload some ~2000 mile FX4 shocks.

shingles

Reaction score
Seems like it may be the front driver side that’s back ordered. Both of my front ones were leaking. They replaced the passenger side but told me driver side was back ordered.

Last edited: