Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On some of the roads I frequent articulation is more an issue for me than ground clearance. Does larger tires and/or spacers improve articulation on the Expedition?

The lift is a spacer. The only way to increase articulation is to change out the A-Arms and maybe add long travel shocks. Not really an option on our generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
I'm not sure I should create a new thread or something for this but here is some close-ups I've been playing with different brands and setups since December... They are held on by a few tacks of hot glue/clamps and then siliconed in underneath, not inside the headlights.The bottom is looped around the indented cavity of the fog lights... Best thing being DRLs it's legal!!

I'm using the opt7 show glows. I've tried other's but these are worth the extra price.

IMG_20190522_200059.jpg IMG_20190522_200054.jpg IMG_20190522_200057.jpg
Got a close up shot of that! That looks like something I would like to do!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure I should create a new thread or something for this but here is some close-ups I've been playing with different brands and setups since December... They are held on by a few tacks of hot glue and siliconed in under not inside the headlights and looped around indented cavity of the fog lights... Best thing being DRLs it's legal!!

I'm using the opt7 show glows. I've tried other's but these are worth the extra price.

View attachment 30168 View attachment 30169 View attachment 30170

Definitely should create a new thread with any details. I think several would be interested!

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OH, Your KR has CCD! That is completely different. You have electrically controlled shocks. It affects the dampening.

No, without completely removing them, you cannot lift it.

dang, would it throw error messages in the dash to take them off

Numerous CCD Expys have been lifted. I haz pictures.
The ride height sensor arm must be put back in the factory location where it was before the lift. This is done by making, or my favorite; "purchasing", new longer sensor links that will accomplish this. Just so happens I know a guy....

View media item 6794View media item 6793

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Numerous CCD Expys have been lifted. I haz pictures.
The ride height sensor arm must be put back in the factory location that it was before the lift. This is done by making or my favorite, "purchasing" new longer sensor links that will accomplish this. Just so happens I know a guy....

15+?

We aren’t talking the Airbagged Expys, but the new Expeditions with the newer Electronically controlled dampeners.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I’ve seen 15+ that have CCD that install longer sensor arms and lift them just as non CCD 15+s would be lifted. Finding a good quality sensor arm is key though

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, I’ve seen 15+ that have CCD that install longer sensor arms and lift them just as non CCD 15+s would be lifted. Finding a good quality sensor arm is key though

Good Stuff!!!

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know what's the biggest tire I could fit on a 2016 expedition with factory 18s?
I looked at places like the custom offset gallery but it seems like there isn't much info on the the 2015 through 2017.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know what's the biggest tire I could fit on a 2016 expedition with factory 18s?
I looked at places like the custom offset gallery but it seems like there isn't much info on the the 2015 through 2017.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Gotta get under there and take some measurements for yourself!