Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Forgot to add this is for a 2015 expedition El. The spacer kit says it'll clear 35/12.5, I guess that depends on your wheel offset as to how much you have to trim. Gotta get it right the first time rims and tires aren't cheap!

You can always test fit on junk used tires... $60 wasted on trying out a new size and endingup with illfitting fronts is a LOT more palatable than $600

jmidway22

Reaction score
Am I crazy or do all the lifts (or at least most) look like the front is riding higher than the rear? The space between the fender and the top of the tire seems to be larger on the front than the rear. I am running into this issue with my 07 with quick lifts.

Also interested if anyone had suspension problems after a quick lift install?

JZHOUSE

Reaction score
Did you have to use any additional suspension parts to make everything fit or extend your brake lines at all? Some reviews said they had to add some suspension parts for it to be aligned properly and extend the brake lines. Just wanted to see what you had to do, if anything

Hey there. As long as you lift the rear under 4", so 3.5" or shorter you don't need longer brake lines, but they will be stretched to the max when on extreme off road.

JZHOUSE

Reaction score
Am I crazy or do all the lifts (or at least most) look like the front is riding higher than the rear? The space between the fender and the top of the tire seems to be larger on the front than the rear. I am running into this issue with my 07 with quick lifts.

Also interested if anyone had suspension problems after a quick lift install?

Hi,

First off the front fender is higher off the tire than the rear.

Second..., Are you talking about Rancho Quick Lifts?

If you are, then yes, the rear does not have the same height as the front and the guys I know that have them also did a small spacer on top of the Rancho Quick Lifts.

Here is an 07 with 35x12.5x17 tires Nitto Trail Grapplers with a 4" in the front and a 3.5" lift in the rear. I can go higher in the rear but I need longer brake lines first.

Rig Specs at:
www.1LifeLive.com on the Rig Specs page.

IMG_7620.jpg

IMG_6811.JPG

Rig Specs at www.1LifeLive.com on the Rig Specs page.

Last edited:

jmidway22

Reaction score
Thanks for that info JZHouse and yes they are Rancho Quick Lifts I was talking about in my case.

I had thought about putting a spacer in the rear to compensate but wasn't sure whether that was a preferred method of adjustment. I see what you are saying regarding the fender just being higher on the front and that might be what I am hung up on.

I read on your site about the upper control arms you installed to adjust the geometry and stop binding. Do you know when those types of measures are needed? i don't have the lift or tire size you are dealing with, mine are only 32.6" and just the standard quicklift lift wich I don't believe is over 1.5"

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Yeah I'm looking at the 3/2 readylift sst kit for my 2016 EL platinum

JZHOUSE

Reaction score
Thanks for that info JZHouse and yes they are Rancho Quick Lifts I was talking about in my case.

I had thought about putting a spacer in the rear to compensate but wasn't sure whether that was a preferred method of adjustment. I see what you are saying regarding the fender just being higher on the front and that might be what I am hung up on.

I read on your site about the upper control arms you installed to adjust the geometry and stop binding. Do you know when those types of measures are needed? i don't have the lift or tire size you are dealing with, mine are only 32.6" and just the standard quicklift lift wich I don't believe is over 1.5"

Hi again. You are welcome. I only had to install the Icon upper control arm and Icon Coilovers when I was to the max with Rancho Quicklifts and a 2.5" spacer on top of those front Quicklifts which raised it about 5" which was just too tall.

So I doubt you will need to worry. I would say if you want a well done 4"+ lift then you would need that setup with the Icons stuff.

You would know too if it was binding because you would feel and hear the upper control arms smack the coil spring. So I am sure you are fine.

For the rear, I like the polyurethane spacers because I can cut them to the size I want if needed.

If I recall correctly I have a 2.5" spacer and a 1.25 spacer on top of that for my rear coilovers which are still the Rancho quicklifts.

I am not sure what you have up front so I can't recommend correctly but my guess is you might need a small spacer on the rear around 1.5" but again, not sure unless all you have is the Quicklift Rancho up front. If so, you might only need UNDER 1.5", so you would have to buy a 2.5" and slice it in half. Hope that helps. ;-)