Slippery power running boards.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how SLIPPERY these factory power running boards are in the winter? Damn. Even my wifes Navigator is the same slippery. If I have ANY snow on my shoes, the board are as slippery as bare ice. With dry shoes, getting out they are great, but getting in they are a nightmare.
Anyone put any grip tape or anything on theirs? Its been -20 to -25F every morning and mine sits in heated garage, but when its outside they are wicked.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I always feel the treads should go the other way but of course it’ll slip too.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
was gonna say the same - long strips on the high ridges.

almost took a dive the other day, man they’re slick !!!!!!

Pete6114

Reaction score
Good post. I happened to have a roll of that Heavy Duty Anti Slip Tape for Stairs in both black and yellow, although the yellow is 3 inch wide. Think i'll go do that this afternoon before i wreck my new knee.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OMG, so I'm not alone. The temps have been -25F here and they are just like glass they are so slippery. Mine sits in y heated garage EVERY night, so they thaw bare and are dry the next day. Even DRY, they are wicked with snow on your shoes. I'm only 40 and they feel like an injury waiting to happen.

I'll throw some grip tape on mine someday. I have some real heavy duty 3M stuff in the garage somewhere.

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are some clear spray on grit grip products out there. I’d be tempted to mask the running board off and do that. I can’t imagine the grip tape adhesive is going to hold up to power washing, road salt etc

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are some clear spray on grit grip products out there. I’d be tempted to mask the running board off and do that. I can’t imagine the grip tape adhesive is going to hold up to power washing, road salt etc

Its protected from the direct salt spray.