Steering Vibration 2022 Ford Expedition Max SPP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smackDaddy

Reaction score
Hello guys, im new to this site. I have a 2022 ford expedition xlt max. It comes with hankook tires. I personally think this vehicle is junk. The vibration issue at high speed are very common in these vehicles. I believe it is a design engineering problem directly from the manufacturer. Dont try to fix it youll end up wasting your time and money. Get rid of it asap or trade it in somehow. I spent lot of money and time on trying to fix this piece of s_hi_t. To no avail.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello guys, im new to this site. I have a 2022 ford expedition xlt max. It comes with hankook tires. I personally think this vehicle is junk. The vibration issue at high speed are very common in these vehicles. I believe it is a design engineering problem directly from the manufacturer. Dont try to fix it youll end up wasting your time and money. Get rid of it asap or trade it in somehow. I spent lot of money and time on trying to fix this piece of s_hi_t. To no avail.
This has been mentioned in a few threads. It appears that certain newer years of Ford Expeditions had Perma Sel Tire Puncture Sealant installed in their tires. This addon can cause the tire to get out of balance and cause vibrations at higher speeds and making balancing almost impossible. Some have taken their vehicles back to the dealership and had the tires replaced, which fixed the problem. Could this possibly be your issue? Example: PermaSeal Tire Imbalance/Vibration.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If its junk, why did you buy it? I would never spend $70k on a vehicle I thought was junk.

Reaction score
Our 2023 expedition has the same problem. Took it back and they replaced 3/4 generals. Still shakes at 75 and over. They also said that everything is aligned after changing the tires. It’s is incredibly frustrating. The principle of the matter is that these are new trucks that cost a lot and create a lot of stress!

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 2023 expedition has the same problem. Took it back and they replaced 3/4 generals. Still shakes at 75 and over. They also said that everything is aligned after changing the tires. It’s is incredibly frustrating. The principle of the matter is that these are new trucks that cost a lot and create a lot of stress!
I had planned on replacing all 4 of my General's again, but never got to it. Same problem, though, over 75mph still shaking, but better than it was before. I'm swapping to winter tires sometime soon, that seemed to help a little bit last year but I think we still shook a little. This will unfortunately probably be my last Ford after dealing with all this BS.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My problem returned after the first service, when the dealership rotated the tires. After a four hour drive to and four hour drive back from Chicago Heights, I'd had enough: I purchased four Michelin CrossClimate2's from Costco and now the vehicle is as perfect as it should have been at initial delivery.

It sucks that I had to spend real money to fix a Platinum Max, but Ford wore me out with service visits and loaners and I just got sick of dealing with it.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My problem returned after the first service, when the dealership rotated the tires. After a four hour drive to and four hour drive back from Chicago Heights, I'd had enough: I purchased four Michelin CrossClimate2's from Costco and now the vehicle is as perfect as it should have been at initial delivery.

It sucks that I had to spend real money to fix a Platinum Max, but Ford wore me out with service visits and loaners and I just got sick of dealing with it.
I just went through an issue with my Certified pre-owned.
Contact Ford Motor Company and tell them your problem. A liaison will be assigned to you and resolve your issue, maybe even refund you money.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Solid even above 75-80’s?
My issue returned all the same with the tire rotation. One dealer said everything was fine (same one who did the tire re install). Another one (for second opinion) told me high speed balance was off. I have Michelins on now and they are normally amazing tires.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Before the replacement, the SUV had general grabber tires?

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've always found that if a vibration can be felt under your ass or the back floor it is usually in the drive train.
Vibration felt in the steering wheel it is usually front wheels and associated parts.
Before you go nuts on the service manager suggest a road force balance.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire