Steering Vibration 2022 Ford Expedition Max SPP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I called one dealer today, they want to keep our Expedition for up to 3 days to fix this. Calling the other dealer (that I was trying to avoid) tomorrow to see what they say. In the meantime I'm more than likely going to just go over to Discount Tire and have them balance (or try) the tires and see if that makes it manageable. I would really like to have some kind of record with Ford, though, that I had the issue in case they offer something in the future for those of us that had issues.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If a tire store mostly corrects it, then the dealer won't have grounds to replace the junk tires that are flat spotted from sitting in Kentucky for 6 months.

Skud

Reaction score
If a tire store mostly corrects it, then the dealer won't have grounds to replace the junk tires that are flat spotted from sitting in Kentucky for 6 months.

That's going to be my challenge. The dealer I purchased from doesn't have a Road Force balancer. I guess I'll have to call around to find one.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tires are garage on these, everyone should just budget to replace them. Ford will only put more garbage on just might be slightly less vibration.
If the guy gets a tire shop to mostly fix it to acceptable, call it a win and then replace them with better rubber.

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So a friend of ours runs a Les Schwab shop in town, he road force balanced all four tires this morning and said they're all bad. Drove straight to the dealer and the head service tech drove with us to verify that it needs something done. Scheduled to go in Tue morning to see what they can do and he said they'll check the alignment also. He said the hard part will be getting Ford to agree to do anything more than balance the tires. We'll see what happens, I'll update when I know more.

Infra246

Reaction score
I got two of mine replaced and ended up one of the two new ones was bad as well. Continental had to send a third. Keep pushing for replacement.

Chi6488

Reaction score
so sad 80K plus and this is how ford treats their customers.

Why do we put up with this crap??

I have given up on Ford and my order which is being built right now. Been waiting since 3/31/22 and after so many production delays I ordered a bmw x7 m60i since I no longer need to tow toys

Last edited:

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got our Expedition back from the dealer today. They balanced the tires and checked the alignment. Now it vibrates worse, would be almost impossible to take on a road trip! Calling the dealer back first thing in the morning.:emotions122:

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do they not road test these things? My dealer road tests them all after a tire balance.

George2022

Reaction score
I have the same problem with a 2022 Expedition Max with Stealth Performance Package. This was custom order so I know it did not sit somewhere for 6 months. It was built in 5 months and I got it three months ago. Currently have 3k Miles on it but noticed the issue right after I drove it off the dealership lot. Took a month for service appointment. They said they were not able to duplicate the issue!! Drove from Texas to Arizona and I felt every mile. I feel every little bump and it's vibrating at all speeds. It feels I am driving a 20 year old work Van not a 85K+ SUV. Purchased lifetime warranty for all factory tire (Generals) from Discount Tire and did a road force balance in Texas and Again in Arizona. Still issue is not resolved. Fixing to take it back to the dealership again.

Last edited: