Steering wheel upside down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kountrykeith

kountrykeith

Reaction score
The steering shaft could be attached to the steering box input shaft incorrectly at the knuckle . It is a knurled compression clamp. I would urge the OP to inspect it because it is subject to wear out because it is aluminum on hardened steel.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I am at that point now. Took it in for alignment and was qouted $240. Said they have to re-stab the steering box. I have been trying to look at YouTube videos to see the shaft where it enters the box. To see if I cant disconnect it there. Logic tells me that is the only way to fix this. I have to turn the wheel 180° while leaving everything from the box down centered. So I am going to jack it up tomorrow and have a better look at it. I will update the post when I know. Thanks for the tip Brother.

Last edited:

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am at that point now. Took it in for alignment and was qouted $240. Said they have to re-stab the steering box. I have been trying to look at YouTube videos to see the shaft where it enters the box. To see if I cant disconnect it there. Logic tells me that is the only way to fix this. I have to turn the wheel 180° while leaving everything from the box down centered. So I am going to jack it up tomorrow and have a better look at it. I will update the post when I know. Thanks for the tip Brother.
It is not very hard to find. Crawl under the front between the wheels and look at the aft end of the steering box. Have a helper move the steering wheel left and right a few inches on the wheel. Hopefully it is nice and tight. Then loosen it and rotate 180 degrees. If it is loose, it is likely worn and the worn part is attached to the steering shaft. A pricey part..

Also.
Take the hub cover off the steering wheel to make sure the airbag clock spring does not get over wound.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk