Strange switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's not well hidden but maybe it's an ignition kill switch from an aftermarket alarm? The old "hidden in plain sight" trick!

OP
OP
T

T Money

Reaction score
I figured out the door code. Thanks! I don't see anything aftermarket in this Expy. I don't see anywhere that something was mounted. I'm not willing to pull the dash. My best guess is an aftermarket alarm that he took with him when he traded in. But why bother with a switch for that?

Plati

Reaction score
I once had a friend who added a switch to the handlebars on his crotch rocket. It killed the lights on the back of his bike for those times when he was running away from the Police. He was a piece of work. Stopped riding after his big crash.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was going to buy a 305 Honda scrambler that had similar. This guy did it easy, he put a toggle switch on the taillight. Probably screw up the fuel injection or something trying to do that today.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I once had a friend who added a switch to the handlebars on his crotch rocket. It killed the lights on the back of his bike for those times when he was running away from the Police. He was a piece of work. Stopped riding after his big crash.
Had one in my Porsche. It cut the tail and brake lights.

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Run my dual sported XR650R that way.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why is it on motorcycles? I remember back in the 70's, was riding on a Saturday night here in San Francisco. 4 of us riding are bikes crazy as always, 2 cop cars chasing us towards the steepist hill in SF. Kearny street above Broadway, a 40 percent grade, with steps on the side to walk down.1 block long. We got away, but my friend Dave had an SFPD reach out and missed his shoulder by inches. 2 of us went towards the Broadway tunnel, the other 2 hit the freeway back to Daly City. We were scamps in those days!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will the trim piece around it not pop out or do you have to do more to pop it out?
Can't you look up behind dash with bright light to see what wires go to it?

Any evidence of add on fog or driving lights? Have you checked to see it it has any affect on the driving lights when the high beams are on?

A lot of people want to be able to have driving lights on WITH high beams and few vehicles allow that.

A lot of people seem to put switches for amp for stereos too.
I don't get that.
Don't all modern amps have a built in switch that turns it on when stereo comes on??